Post-Game Talk: This is 40. Toronto beat up on Habs 5:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hard to judge that 5 on 3 given the game was over at that point but I liked the movement and they had some good looks.

Can't expect many 5 on 3's in the playoffs, so it doesn't matter to me much.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The PP was so good when they eliminated the drop back and actually were willing to use the guy on the point, and then they turn back to doing literally everything that did not work in favour of never shooting or even making good passes.

Literally made no difference with Sandin instead of Rielly. It was the same crap once they reverted back to the same thing that was not working.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Do not get the pp strategy, especially the 2 man advantage. Why are the players moving so much and switching spots? Seems like a very counterproductive method when you have a 2 man advantage. Passing the puck is alot faster than skating it... so passing youd think would put the opponent in a vulnerable spot faster than skating the puck around.

Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks but.. during thst 2 man advantage I totally forgot it was a 2 man advantage, in all my time watching hockey a 2 man the normal way created alot more room than whatever the leafs are did today.

They were skating and switching spots so much eventually Matthews got the puck basically from behind the net... pretty much the only spot you don't want your best shooter to get the puck
to which the play died and he passed it back to the point and the skating and player switching started all over again.

Reactions: Confucius

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'd really like to see us start Hutch or Rittich on Saturday, rest Matthews, Marner, Muzzin, Brodie, maybe even Tavares.

Reactions: stickty111

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Won't count the Oilers out with McDavid and it is the Canucks.

But if they can win in regulation the Leafs could lock up the division against Montreal in their next game.

Reactions: MattySnipes

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
3WtU.gif

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Why do people wanna rest matthews? Mcdavid aint resting. These guys will rest after season. Injury concern is different

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I think the PP is better when Matthews and Marner play their off sides. I think both Sandin and Rielly struggle to pass the puck to Matthews when he’s on their left and they shoot left. It makes it so that Marner to the Dman is a quick pass but the Dman pass to Matthews is really slow.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
One thing I didn't like is they let Montreal back into the game early in the third .. But they didn't panic and got back control in the second half of the third.

Hilarious the Leafs' get a courtesy 5 on 3 after the game is out of reach to make the penalties look even :laugh:
Worth noting "letting them back in the game" was reliant on an absurd called back goal and two misplays by fringe playoff guys for us in Engvall and Sandin/Dermott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad