Sep 28, 2017
It’s absolutely absurd...
We literally may have the worse PP in the league right now
Atrocious
No quick movements or players on the move
It’s the same 2 plays every time
No organic free flow
Very robotic

PP enters zone. Rielly stickhandles at line for a few seconds, dishes it to Marner. Marner stickhandles a few seconds, maybe spins around, passes back to Rielly. Rielly stickhandles a few seconds, passes it to Matthews. One of the 3 players ends up shooting into somebody's shins.

Rinse and repeat 10000x. I get nauseous watching it nowadays.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
None of the PP combos have worked lately, that's for sure.

Wonder if having Marner/Nylander on the half walls with Matthew's in the bumper spot might work. They'd have a hell of a lot easier of a time getting Matthews' shot off from the middle of the ice than on the half wall. A lot more one timers.

That would cause the PK keep closer to the middle of the ice and open up lanes for everyone else.

Matthews' snapshot is as good; in a bumper position he would be crowded. We are really missing a point shot that would not let the opposition PK cheat.

I would go back to previous PPs that started the year on fire

PP1
Thornton-Matthews-Marner-Simmonds-Rielly

PP2
Nylander-Tavares-Spezza-Hyman/Foligno-Muzzin/Brodie

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We dominated early and coasted to victory. Campbell was solid when he needed to be.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
PP enters zone. Rielly stickhandles at line for a few seconds, dishes it to Marner. Marner stickhandles a few seconds, maybe spins around, passes back to Rielly. Rielly stickhandles a few seconds, passes it to Matthews. One of the 3 players ends up shooting into somebody's shins.

I don’t get how with today’s brainiacs and video and stats and and and and that they can’t see a complete PP overhaul is required ...
Just think how many more wins and less losses we would have
Even a 4 game swing from our Pp puts us 1st overall

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It’s absolutely absurd...
We literally may have the worse PP in the league right now
Atrocious
No quick movements or players on the move
It’s the same 2 plays every time
No organic free flow
Very robotic

Would you say machine like even? Somewhere a Bobcat is smiling.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Since March 20th:

Record: 15-3-4 (.773) = 1st in the NHL

PP finishing has been brutal over that stretch showing how dominant a 5v5 team the Leafs have been but even then, underlying PP numbers show the Leafs having the 4th highest xGF/60 and the 4th highest High danger chances/60 on the PP so its more a finishing thing they are making up for 5v5 for some reason.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Powerplays have become my break time. Bathroom, fresh drink, get a snack... didn't miss a thing.

Reactions: Albus Dumbledore

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Since March 20th:

PP finishing has been brutal over that stretch showing how dominant a 5v5 team the Leafs have been but even then, underlying PP numbers show the Leafs having the 4th highest xGF/60 and the 4th highest High danger chances/60 on the PP so its more a finishing thing they are making up for 5v5 for some reason.
Incredible

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Who ? Goldthwait or Mcowan ?

You know exactly who I mean...
XG85hhA.jpg

EDIT: For those who forgot or didn't know. Classic Romanuk:

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Since March 20th:

As much as this frustrates us... it bodes well for the playoffs. Less PPs right? Tighter games, right? Lets see it play out then. Can we just skip these last three games? Maybe we just let the Marlies get smoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad