Blue Jays Discussion: Things happening this winter! (Jays sign Ryu, Shaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
So are those the regular jerseys? Or the alternates?

I like them. But I still liked the old ones better.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Should've went full navy blue for the font on the front. Other than that, looks good to me.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I like them, but I feel they would be bolder if you reverse the colours. The dark navy as the primary and the font with powder blue. I like the hat.

Reactions: Anthrax442

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
I'm maybe in the minority, but overall not a fan. I'm just glad they're an alternate, and the primary uniforms (White & Grey) aren't really changing. I do dig the current royal blue jersey's they wear, although I kinda feel those are gone.. For now.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
I'm definitely a fan of these. The darker navy blue vs the royal accent was a solid choice IMO, it gives a bit of variety and pop to it, and its not like they're using a new color, simply using one of the logo colors that was under-utilized.

Although I wasn't around back in '77, I always liked the navy-coloured "TORONTO" of the original powder blues over the white split-lettered version of later years

My favorite fact about these is that they'll be worn both at home and on the road, so we'll be able to see the powder blues in their natural road environment, and also keeping all of their current jerseys available for rotation as well.

Auston 316

Jun 25, 2016
Joe Panik signed. One of those “no downside” deals.

if he has a good spring does that facilitate a Biggio to CF move? ‍♂️

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I'm maybe in the minority, but overall not a fan. I'm just glad they're an alternate, and the primary uniforms (White & Grey) aren't really changing. I do dig the current royal blue jersey's they wear, although I kinda feel those are gone.. For now.

Yeah I don’t like them at all. I was not a fan of the original powder blue but I would kill for those over these.

Jersey almost look turquoise. Maybe I need to see them in play for them to grow on me but they are pretty ugly. Glad this is an alternate and we are keeping what we have.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I don't mind the powder blue ones, but it's a shame it's at the expense of those red ones (mostly) and I'm happy that the dark blues are still the main ones.
The logo change is good - it's cleaner now.
I love how comprehensive that article is. :laugh:

Sounds like a good move, maybe he can rediscover some of his old form

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Trade Janssen for a solid young OF and then maybe sign Russell Martin.

Reese McGuire and Russell Martin in the interim with Alejandro Kirk not far behind.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Here are the winter's most active teams

5. Blue Jays
Departures/additions:
12/6
MLB free agents signed: 4
Notable acquisitions: LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu, RHP Shun Yamaguchi, RHP Tanner Roark, RHP Chase Anderson, 3B/1B Travis Shaw
Notable departures: 1B Justin Smoak, 2B Devon Travis, RHP Clay Buchholz

The Blue Jays are going to be interesting. A remade rotation elevates them into the postseason conversation as the young players continue to get accustomed to the Major League game.

Tell me, is this definition of being aggressive?

Worth noting all MLB additions with the exception of Yamaguchi were in the playoffs last year;

Ryu has been in the playoffs every year he has been in the majors (Since 2013)
Roark has been in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years
Anderson didnt pitch, but the Brewers made the playoffs in 2018 and 2019
Shaw was Anderson's team in 2018 and 2019. He played in both.

Last edited:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Joe Panik signed. One of those “no downside” deals.

if he has a good spring does that facilitate a Biggio to CF move? ‍♂️

Biggio had good defensive metrics at 2b, especially for a rookie. I'd leave him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad