Blue Jays Discussion: Things happening this winter! (Jays sign Ryu, Shaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

fwiw, of the 24 "out" variance, 14 alone was attributed to Freddy Galvis. Can I start a rumour that he just wasn't listening to the coaching staff and that's why we released him for nothing?

On a side note, someone needs to explain to me how when I take every team's infield OOA totals and sum them it equals 149 and not zero.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Better mets related dumbness of the day?:

The team hiring and firing Beltrami without him ever being involved in a nanosecond of actual baseball activity?

Or a mets employee/ESPN journalist (figure that combo out) going on New York sports talk radio and saying that Mike Fiers shouldn't have said anything about the Astros' sign stealing because if he didn't then nobody would've known about it?

Reactions: xtra

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't get why the players aren't being penalized for partaking in this. They weren't forced to do this, were they?

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I don't get why the players aren't being penalized for partaking in this. They weren't forced to do this, were they?

I wish the players would get penalized for this too but as long as the MLBPA is around, MLB cant do anything about it unless the team claimed, and the investigation found that ownership, management and the coaching staff had nothing to do with it.

Once one of those groups are involved/aware then the union would argue that management condone this behavior. Doesnt make it right but its the union's out/right.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
With Beltran out, i really hope Hensley Meulens gets the Manger job with the Mets. Its about time he gets some recognition with his long and impressive resume.

Gibby is also a name for the Mets. Was drafted by them, relationship with Stroman. Maybe former Met employee will put in a good word for him.

Also how if JP Riccardi 60 years old and Gibby is only 57.

Last edited:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

Let's just pack it in, strike a couple years early and try again in 2021.

e: gotta click through for the good stuff.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Well, this scandal just escalated a few notches. I think a lot of teams try to steal signs, but this is just taking it to another level, if true.

I haven't looked at the numbers, but apparently Altuve's home/road playoff splits are quite pronounced...660 OPS on the road, 1070 OPS at home.

...also, since we're having fun here...Altuve's excuse was that his wife doesn't like it when the public sees him without his shirt...but his Instagram page is apparently full of shirtless photos.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This whole scandal has taken a bizarre route from "team steals signs, what else is new?" to "guys having devices hidden inside their jerseys to alert them to specific pitches." with Zapruder-film like dissection of tv clips and screengrabs to corroborate.

It's actually kind of hilarious.

Reactions: Kurtz

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If no Astro players get suspended out of this it is going to be truly glorious to see the number of heaters coming right for the dome this year.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
its sad but funny that this scandal took all eyes off the nhl and the coaches spiral well at least everyone south of the border quite possibly the best thing the nhl could have hoped for

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
its sad but funny that this scandal took all eyes off the nhl and the coaches spiral well at least everyone south of the border quite possibly the best thing the nhl could have hoped for

I mean the other three major leagues could stop playing and still no one in the US would care about the NHL

Reactions: phillipmike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad