Half-Assed GDT: Theres a game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Just get home from work. I only get messages to phone -" lol allen ;D".

Did Allen let softie?

@TruBlu @Brian39
No clue. I actually had tickets to the game but opted not to go, even when my tickets didn't resell. First time I can honestly say that I'm glad I ate $200+ dollars and didn't go to the game.

Reactions: Bendak

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
After another heartless loss following a big win I think it is time for Armstrong to send a message. Getting beat is one thing but what we are saying on the ice is just not acceptable from professionals. Maroons play hasn't been bad enough this year, now he has to start throwing f-bombs around for even the people in the cheap seata to hear? NOT acceptable! He can thank God the decisions not up to me because he would be playing his hockey in Siberia next week.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
When we are having exhaustive discussions and analysis over the Blues’ inability to play two consecutive games, it’s a good sign that it’s time to sell and to tank.

Not to pick on your post but I’ve seen plenty of people post things like the win against the Jets was somehow warranted. The Blues got outplayed by a very large margin in the Jets game. It was a fluke. Allen stood on his head and that alone is a miracle. The Jets went what 0/6 on the PP? Another miracle. It seemed like the Jets spent 5 minutes at a time in the Blues zone.

Ya the Blues got the win but it’s just one of those games where the much weaker team somehow squeeks out a W.

The Blues continued their overall pathetic play today and got embarrassed as usual.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
berube is doing and saying the right things. only so much you can do with a bunch of soft babies though.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I might be in the minority but I do not want to trade Schenn unless he utterly refuses to re sign this summer.

I would like to keep him as part of the core along with O'Reilly.

If I am Army I listening to offers on Pietrangelo, Steen, Tarasenko, Bozak, Perron as well as all expiring contracts.

Not saying I move all those pieces but I am listening to offers.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I might be in the minority but I do not want to trade Schenn unless he utterly refuses to re sign this summer.

I would like to keep him as part of the core along with O'Reilly.

If I am Army I listening to offers on Pietrangelo, Steen, Tarasenko, Bozak, Perron as well as all expiring contracts.

Not saying I move all those pieces but I am listening to offers.

Agree, but I’d listen to Schenn offers.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I really don’t care if they trade everyone or anyone. Dizee, why is Tarasenko untouchable?

Just become sellers and have done with it.

Are they really just tuning out Berube because he’s interim?

I feel bad for Kyrou that his first goal had to be on such a downer. He had every right to celebrate.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Schenn would be in the first group I would be looking to trade. You guys probably know my feelings on him by now but I think he is terribly overrated. what happens to players once they get traded to St.Louis where suddenly they can't shoot straight? All we heard was about what a great shot Brayden Schenn had. I'm just not seeing it. It's not just him ill I cannot count the times this season with the blues have missed a wide-open net. It's just about everybody on the team too. Tank should have about 20 goals this year. I just don't get it.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Schenn would be in the first group I would be looking to trade. You guys probably know my feelings on him by now but I think he is terribly overrated. what happens to players once they get traded to St.Louis where suddenly they can't shoot straight? All we heard was about what a great shot Brayden Schenn had. I'm just not seeing it. It's not just him ill I cannot count the times this season with the blues have missed a wide-open net. It's just about everybody on the team too. Tank should have about 20 goals this year. I just don't get it.

While I wouldn't necessarily say Schenn is "overrated," I would agree that he is not untouchable. He's on a 54-point pace right now with a slow start, but he is as streaky as they come in the NHL. If/When he gets his usual hot streak, he'll probably be back to a 60 point pace at least.

That being said, Schenn strikes me as the kind of guy who is going to test free agency. Just my gut feeling, but I don't see him giving STL a discount just because. He seemed pretty bummed out after we traded Stastny last year and he seems pretty bummed this year, like a lot of guys. I can't see him being eager to stay. He could be a guy on the move, although few players should be considered untouchable if the right deal came along.

You are right, our finishing ability is bad this year as it often has been in recent years.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Quenville would be a better option for starts im thinking.
Sorry you guys,,i do root for the blues also im puzzled really.
Thank you the kind sentiment.

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll find better answers here than you already have. I am just as puzzled as you are. I do wonder just how much damage Yeo's ridiculous man-on-man defensive system did to the team's confidence, but that does not explain the bipolar performances we have seen this year.

I will say that it does seem like the Blues have had worse luck than usual in terms of on-ice bounces/calls/etc. Not a valid excuse for the teams performance tho.

:dunno:

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I have been watching this team for 45 years and I will be damned if I have ever seen anything like it. They have been really unlucky on the bounce, savaged by injuries and the refs too have sure given them the business this season. They seem stuck in a perpetual state if Murphy's law. It is deeper than that though. The will of this roster has to be in serious doubt and I honestly think there is no way ALL players on this team are playing for one another. When that message is coming from a guy like Berube (who would gladly punch another guy in the face) and it still does not affect the team that you have a serious problem. This will be my third week of saying this now but they better identify what the issue is and get rid of it. It may already be too late. I can honestly say I did not see this coming.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I have been watching this team for 45 years and I will be damned if I have ever seen anything like it. They have been really unlucky on the bounce, savaged by injuries and the refs too have sure given them the business this season. They seem stuck in a perpetual state if Murphy's law. It is deeper than that though. The will of this roster has to be in serious doubt and I honestly think there is no way ALL players on this team are playing for one another. When that message is coming from a guy like Berube (who would gladly punch another guy in the face) and it still does not affect the team that you have a serious problem. This will be my third week of saying this now but they better identify what the issue is and get rid of it. It may already be too late. I can honestly say I did not see this coming.
We still have the same coaching staff. I think that is the biggest problem. That won't be address until the offseason, so we have to live with the current state of things at the moment. There are definitely some guys that I think could bring a king's ransom come the TDL. We also have the expansion draft to think about. Due to the uncertainty of things going forward, It'd be a good idea to unload some quality pieces that haven't been so quality here. Anyone is available for the right price. Anything that gets us younger, with a high ceiling, and comes with multiple picks is a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad