Half-Assed GDT: Theres a game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Skinner also only had 1 year left on his deal, which affected his return.

Tarasenko has a lot of term left.

I understand it's not easy but I don't think you trade someone just because his NTC is about to kick in unless you know for sure they're not in your long-term plans. We are certainly not at that point yet with Tarasenko I don't think. That's just bad business and would probably lead to a poor return in itself.

I think Shattenkirk was a very unique situation. Rarely do you see a player that is dead set on signing with their childhood favorite team and nobody else really.

I doubt there'd only be one team Tarasenko would be willing to go to.

I agree. I would not be looking to trade Tarasenko. I would want to see how he responds to the next coach.

Just saying those clauses most definitely do constrain you and limit your abilities to negiotiate effective returns.

Reactions: Bendak

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
I was watching the SportsNet feed of this game and after the first canucks goal when it went under review the commentators said “holy jumpin” and “thank you thank you thank you”. Just thought it was kind of funny because they didnt elaborate to the listeners on what they were referring to, so you didn’t know unless you’ve listened to STL feeds. I hope it was to flame us tbh.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
This was the third game I've missed after calling it quits on the season and I'm quite happy with my decision!

Not wasting another second watching the disaster on the ice.

Glad I stuck up for myself and said no more!

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Ask yourself just one question;

Given Tarasenko's current and past performance, will he make it into the Hockey Hall of Fame?

At this point I doubt he would even get a single vote ...

Start shopping Tarasenko now and if nothing developes then continue to shop him next year. Some team will be happy to upgrade or add on.

ROR isn't going into the HOF either so I guess he should be on the trade block as well?

This was the third game I've missed after calling it quits on the season and I'm quite happy with my decision!

Not wasting another second watching the disaster on the ice.

Glad I stuck up for myself and said no more!

So then stop posting here and go away?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Ok which one of you wants to be Bortuzzo and which one is Sand Fort?

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
ROR isn't going into the HOF either so I guess he should be on the trade block as well?QUOTE]

That's illogical to make that comparison. Never said ROR was HOF bound. He's a solid center who out works any Blues player on this team. I don't think any current Blues player is HOF bound. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying some of us have Tarasenko as untouchable because he's so awsome like a HOF'er.

Tarasenko is being judged because we all hold a higher expectation of what he can do. He's got a trick shoulder. He looks average at best. He has no chemistry with any Blues player except Schwartz. Coaches put him on top of the umbrella (what a waste of talent) for the PP so he can do wristers from the Blue line. He doesn't go into the dirty areas very often. His shoulder surgery was a year ago. How long do we have to wait for a full recovery or has he reached peak recovery. The other game he wenched and bent over like it was reinjured. I like Tarasenko but he's not what he used to be. Time to maximize our ROI and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad