OT: The World Cup Brazil 2014! June 12 - July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

heutZe

Sep 15, 2010
Norway
That's pretty apparent for anyone who's watched the 3 Brazil matches. Their defense is completely suspect and Neymar is the only attacker who has really shown up.

It's weird how both Argentina and Brazil are both being led by their superstar, but have suspect defense.

Thiago Silva is all class, but their backs leave a lot of room and their wingers are not helping, plus David Luiz will forget his marking assignments/rush into a tackle when he has no support/pass the ball to an opponent in his own half at one point during a match.

Both Chile and possibly Colombia will be huge tests for this defense. They won't beat them unless they improve or get some serious help by the ref.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
As long as Neymar Jr can score 2-3 goals per game and get other scoring support, they'll do fine. RUN AND GUN SOCCER!

This is when the tests get tough, but there's been a lot of run and gun teams with suspect defence that have gotten through this year. Brazil - Chile has the potential to be the match of the tournament in a tournament full of amazing matches.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
****ing hate the States but Portugal and Ghana were **** in this tourney.

Belgium vs. US will be an interesting matchup.

*Injektilo

Dec 19, 2005
Vancouver
That is light...
To be honest.
Uruguay will be out in the next round.

Well, I think it's overly harsh. We've seen players willingly break other players' legs and end careers who have received less punishment.

And why Liverpool should be punished is incomprehensible.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Well, I think it's overly harsh. We've seen players willingly break other players' legs and end careers who have received less punishment.

And why Liverpool should be punished is incomprehensible.

Suarez obviously hasn't learned his lessons before.

Sure Liverpool is being punished but so is Suarez and that's the main point.

*Injektilo

Dec 19, 2005
Vancouver
There are players who have done far worse things repeatedly and still haven't gotten that kind of punishment.

He could have been fined or forced to perform community service - Liverpool had nothing to do with all this.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Well yeah but have those players been suspended a total of 17 games for the same action twice and then done it again on a bigger stage?

I understand where you're coming from but Liverpool may just sell him haha.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, I mean...biting is disgusting, but is never really going to injure someone like a dirty tackle. But on the other hand, it's the third time, and was stupid.

*Injektilo

Dec 19, 2005
Vancouver
Well yeah but have those players been suspended a total of 17 games for the same action twice and then done it again on a bigger stage?

Nigel De Jong has made a career out of breaking players' legs, and he has been banned far fewer games over his career than Suarez.

And yes, Liverpool can sell him, but they'd be forced to do so at a huge discount.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Picks: BRA, COL, FRA, GER, NED, CRC, ARG, BEL -> BRA, GER, NED, BEL-> NED > GER in the finals

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Nigel De Jong has made a career out of breaking players' legs, and he has been banned far fewer games over his career than Suarez.
That's just the way life works sometimes.

OT - look at a guy like Dustin Brown. He looks to injure people (and has) with borderline hits. Has he ever been suspended?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

This just makes Suarez look idiotic. He had a fantastic season, a great start to the WC and could possibly been the biggest transfer of football history. Then he just goes and bites Chiellini for absolutely no reason (wasn't even fouled).

bo2shink*

With the lengthy suspension, stock in tetanus shots took a dip today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad