OT: The World Cup Brazil 2014! June 12 - July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
So with the World Cup coming up, I figured we needed a place to discuss everything from games, to grouping, to the teams themselves.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/index.html

Group A
bra.png
Brazil
cro.png
Croatia
mex.png
Mexico
cmr.png
Camaroon

Group B
esp.png
Spain
ned.png
Netherlands
chi.png
Chile
aus.png
Austrailia

Group C
col.png
Columbia
gre.png
Greece
civ.png
Cote D'Ivoire
jpn.png
Japan

Group D
uru.png
Uruguay
crc.png
Costa Rica
eng.png
England
ita.png
Italy

Last edited:

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Group E
sui.png
Switzerland
ecu.png
Ecuador
fra.png
France
hon.png
Honduras

Group F
arg.png
Argentina
bih.png
Bosnia and Herzegovina
irn.png
Iran
nga.png
Nigeria

Group G
ger.png
Germany
por.png
Portugal
gha.png
Ghana
usa.png
U.S.A.

Group H
bel.png
Belgium
alg.png
Algeria
rus.png
Russia
kor.png
Korea Republic

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
go someone!

here is a picture of a resort where some teams will be staying in luxury:

[spoil]
England-Team-Brazil-Hotel.png
[/spoil]

meanwhile, not even 800 m to the NE: Rocinha, the biggest shantytown in Brazil

[spoil]
Leszek_Wasilewski-rocinha.jpg
[/spoil]

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Was waiting for this to go up!

I want to see Belgium go far! Love their young team.

You're welcome for the thread :laugh: Just kidding

Like I said, rooting for the Dutch! Also for Ghana. Have a friend from there that I've known for years. Amazing person and after everything him and his family went though to get here, he deserves his team to do well.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Don't get your hopes up with Portugal. Long and exhausting season for Ronaldo and bad coaching could lead us to a very early exit.

Yea Ronaldo didn't look 100% in the Champions League Final, wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit nicked up for the start of the World Cup, and that means trouble in that group.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Yea Ronaldo didn't look 100% in the Champions League Final, wouldn't be surprised if he was a bit nicked up for the start of the World Cup, and that means trouble in that group.

Well, he had been injured in the weeks coming up to the final so maybe that was lingering, he may have recovered from that specific injury by the time the World Cup starts (however unlikely that may be).

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Don't get your hopes up with Portugal. Long and exhausting season for Ronaldo and bad coaching could lead us to a very early exit.
Yeah, but if Ronaldo can come back 100% (highly doubtful) they certainly can do some damage. He's playing the best football of his life, and Portugal was oh so close in the Euro cup.

gurfling

Sep 24, 2004
I can't wait. I work near commercial drive so I might be taking some 'extended' lunch breaks.

Enjoy watching Germany play so will cheer for them, along with Belgium, am intrigued to see what their young guys can do for them and I always have a soft spot for Cameroon - one of the first World Cups I truly followed was the one where Milla had that amazing run as a sub, I have always liked them since.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Hopefully some of the games this year will be at a respectable time so I can enjoy it at some cafes on commercial drive. I've noticed in the 'burbs that no one out here is crazy about the World Cup at all.

I'll be cheering Italy of course. After that I would say Brazil and Argentina. I like Uruguay but I won't forgive Suarez for his handball against Ghana!!

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Hopefully some of the games this year will be at a respectable time so I can enjoy it at some cafes on commercial drive. I've noticed in the 'burbs that no one out here is crazy about the World Cup at all.

I'll be cheering Italy of course. After that I would say Brazil and Argentina. I like Uruguay but I won't forgive Suarez for his handball against Ghana!!

It's on our side of the world so they should be at good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad