OT: The Wonder OT Thread (what is the secret of off topic?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Some sarcasm detected. But that's all good.
There’s honestly no sarcasm. I initially thought it was weird too but I figured if I have the resource I may as well ask.

Cheers

Also, I tried 15 minutes stretching, really opened my hips up and it made a world of difference, I had a extra gear.

Video I used

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I find if you've an active job, you're typically fine with 5 minutes or less. You're really only needing to do all hips and below and shoulders. If you're in your 20s, that's fine. Just keep hydrated throughout the day or you may have a bad time. Also, it helps if you are not drunk when you play, but that's just my personal experience. :laugh:
-----

Often replicated, never duplicated. Is there anyone better?

Thank you

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
My routine is just having a cliff bar an hour before a game. When I started playing I found the odd time I could get to a game with too low energy, and obviously eating a big meal right before is no good, but a cliff bar as I'm getting ready to leave hits just the right spot.

Reactions: Play

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
My routine is just having a cliff bar an hour before a game. When I started playing I found the odd time I could get to a game with too low energy, and obviously eating a big meal right before is no good, but a cliff bar as I'm getting ready to leave hits just the right spot.
I just go the downtown Costco for the $1.50 hot dog & drink before going to Rogers to see a game.:sarcasm:

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Anyone tried Mars blades? Are they worth the money? I find roller blades suck and don’t feel like skating at all. Wondering if these actually feel more like skating…

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Hard to find a good Minecraft server these days, do we have a HF Canucks server btw ?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Hard to find a good Minecraft server these days, do we have a HF Canucks server btw ?
Someone on the Geek Emporium board ran one for a while back in the earlier Minecraft days, until the interest dropped off. This is the only time I can recall of their being an HFBoards server for a game.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Anyone check out the documentary the chosen one ? Amazon prime documentary about Alexander daigle. My opinion of him totally changed after watching it. It gives you his side of the story. Should really check it out ..

Reactions: Orr4Norris

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Anyone check out the documentary the chosen one ? Amazon prime documentary about Alexander daigle. My opinion of him totally changed after watching it. It gives you his side of the story. Should really check it out ..
So did he turn out to be hockeyy insiderr?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Are you guys scared of anteaters ?
giphy (3).gif

• Haha

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Why was Daigle so hyped, his Q numbers while good, weren’t off the charts.
Hard to say as this was before common internet usage, but the impression I have from the day is it was just an unfair hype train. It was around height of the hockey card fad - in interest and monetary value, you had Gretzky and Lemieux playing, then Lindros was just drafted and starting to dominate the NHL. So with much less information dissemination - again pre-internet, people/media just wanted to continue the story of having the next big Canadian superstar being drafted again.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I watched it with my kid and ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I would definitely recommend.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Hard to say as this was before common internet usage, but the impression I have from the day is it was just an unfair hype train. It was around height of the hockey card fad - in interest and monetary value, you had Gretzky and Lemieux playing, then Lindros was just drafted and starting to dominate the NHL. So with much less information dissemination - again pre-internet, people/media just wanted to continue the story of having the next big Canadian superstar being drafted again.

Like, and his numbers weren’t bad either, just hardly this generational talent like all the stories imply.

As he busted, I feel like his previous potential grew to fit the story. Probably would have been more fair to have put him in the Sundin or Nolan level of 1OA instead of making it sound like he’d have as much impact as Lindros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad