OT: The Wonder OT Thread (what is the secret of off topic?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Good lord. On my last shift til Thursday night, working 12.5 hr days, past 25 days I’ve worked 21.

I’m so burnt out but this is by a mile the most money I’ve gotten one check. Feels good man.
I remember that feeling. It's been years now, but I worked a rotation in the oil field that was comparable. Long hours, long hitch, but having those days off and seeing the paychecks was pretty sweet. Given how much my life has changed it's getting harder and harder to look back at those memories and believe it was me doing it.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I remember that feeling. It's been years now, but I worked a rotation in the oil field that was comparable. Long hours, long hitch, but having those days off and seeing the paychecks was pretty sweet. Given how much my life has changed it's getting harder and harder to look back at those memories and believe it was me doing it.
Power engineer as well?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Good lord. On my last shift til Thursday night, working 12.5 hr days, past 25 days I’ve worked 21.

I’m so burnt out but this is by a mile the most money I’ve gotten one check. Feels good man.
Ive done that too and made a ton more money but should have been more as the increased taxes taken off my pay cheque to the point where its really no longer paid OT all those extra hours. Government was happy, my employer was happy and I... Well I was tired and annoyed at the taxes... Hope it was better for you Rev...

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Ive done that too and made a ton more money but should have been more as the increased taxes taken off my pay cheque to the point where its really no longer paid OT all those extra hours. Government was happy, my employer was happy and I... Well I was tired and annoyed at the taxes... Hope it was better for you Rev...

Now I haven’t studied taxes or anything, so grain of salt but with what I’ve gathered over the years, I believeeeee how it’s done is they pro-rate what you made that pay period over the year and garnish it accordingly with tax rate.

If you get paid biweekly and grossed $5000 in a period, they deduct based off a yearly salary of $5k * 26 or $130k. For that pay period, the deduction comes as if you make that so then the tresholds come in, of course the more you make, the more you are deducted. I think below $52k taxed at 15 or 18% somewhere in that ballpark.

Keep in mind I figure this is how they do it based on how I’ve been paid in my life and it’s the only way that makes sense to me, based on my math. I used to get paid by production so my wages fluctuated.

All the money should be refunded to you during tax season.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
No, a family circumstance brought me to Alberta for a couple years and I ended up working for a fracking company until I could move back. Back then they'd hire anybody with 4 limbs and a high school diploma, so I figured why the hell not.
This is what @M2Beezy says he looks for in women but I say he must have a really good personality to be able to limit himself that way.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Anybody watching the golf playoff between Canadian Nick Taylor and American Charlie Hoffman down in Phoenix? Taylor rallied from behind and sank a birdie on the 18th hole to force a playoff. Like both guys but Nick winning would be sweet.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Anybody watching the golf playoff between Canadian Nick Taylor and American Charlie Hoffman down in Phoenix? Taylor rallied from behind and sank a birdie on the 18th hole to force a playoff. Like both guys but Nick winning would be sweet.
There's always that guy posting about non-grand slam PGA events during the Super Bowl.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The President's Choice diet iced tea from Superstore is by far my favourite iced tea. I used to love Good Host powdered stuff before I quit sugar, but among the diet ones I find P.C. is really good. The Nestea has this super strong lemony nasal blast finish I just can't get get down with. Sounds like a dirty movie when I describe it like that. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad