OT: The Wonder OT Thread (what is the secret of off topic?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Caitlyn Dever cast as Abby in The Last of Us Season 2.

Avoiding spoilery talk, but man, I hope she doesn't get eaten alive on social media. She's a great actor and a great fit for the part.

She was really good in the show "unbelievable".

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
She was really good in the show "unbelievable".

She's been excellent in everything I've seen her in. I also found Abby a very interesting and engaging character (her group of friends, not so much). But I know the backlash the facial animation/voice actors got for the part, I hope that doesn't happen again here with Dever.

Reactions: m9

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
The advertisements on this site are unreal - borderline unusable in some cases. I’m sure this is not a new complaint. I’ve participated more here since giving twitter up but jesus it hard to get past all the shit on the screen, videos auto playing, ads covering posts…. not good.

Reactions: Snatcher Demko

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
1000005967.jpg

Check it out

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I saw this Canucks denim vest online someone won in an auction and I am pretty sure now that I am not gonna be able to let this go until I have created my own skate logo motif black denim. Probably a shorty style jacket. I'm not really a vest guy.

il_794xN.1753980250_2kuz.jpg
il_794xN.1753976918_3k2d.jpg

• Love
Reactions: andora

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I saw this Canucks denim vest online someone won in an auction and I am pretty sure now that I am not gonna be able to let this go until I have created my own skate logo motif black denim. Probably a shorty style jacket. I'm not really a vest guy.

View attachment 802855 View attachment 802853

This bad boy used to hunt chicks in the concourse of the Coliseum.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I was playing hell let loose last night on the Australian servers and had a guy in my squad with the name JT MILLER.

He was an engineer and spent the whole time building defensive structures.

His mic was to quiet to pick up any accents.

I got a kick out of the idea of Miller playing a world war 2 sim and spending his time building and not on attack.

Team first kind of guy.

I would have got a screenshot if I thought it was actually JT Miller of the Vancouver Canucks.

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
LOL I'm watching the Bucs - Eagles game and they just said the Bucs dead cap money is $81 million. They have more dead cap than entire teams in the NHL.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Anyone else realize it’s not a coincidence that the Canucks are the best in the NHL and probably winning the Cup the same year CDC gets shutdown?

IMG_0065.gif

Reactions: M2Beezy

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Have you guys seen what Steve Ballmer is doing with the clippers arena? So impressive

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Jan 28th of this year will be 1 year since my father passed:

Over this year i've had to replace:

A Sump Pump
A Septic Pump
A Water Filtration System
A Dryer
A Alternator in my mothers car
The blades on my parents riding lawnmower

And i've had to pay for somebody to do it all. My entire life my dad tried to teach me how to fix these things myself and I never took the time to learn. Now, I am paying for that.

It's remarkable how much my father kept their household together with hard work, knowledge and experience. He did everything himself. I appreciate what he did for us more and more everyday.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

A Sump Pump
A Septic Pump
A Dryer

And i've had to pay for somebody to do it all. My entire life my dad tried to teach me how to fix these things myself and I never took the time to learn. Now, I am paying for that.

It's remarkable how much my father kept their household together with hard work, knowledge and experience. He did everything himself. I appreciate what he did for us more and more everyday.

I'm lucky enough to still have my Dad around, but this post might as well be from me in the future. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who can relate.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I'm lucky enough to still have my Dad around, but this post might as well be from me in the future. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who can relate.
Same. I can do a lot compared to others in the millennial gen as a handyman but I only have 10-25% of my dads knowledge and work ethic.

Reactions: m9

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

A Sump Pump
A Septic Pump
A Dryer

So, I'm a power engineer so I can relate a bit to this...

Some of the more senior posters probably remember I struggled with alcoholism for a good deal of years, god bless him my dad tried to teach me all this but I was too hungover or cut to care. Well, since becoming sober I've paid the tab in my own embarrassment. Most work such as replacing a pump is fairly intuitive for someone with my knowledge, but actually doing the work sometimes there are things in practice that you won't know how to do until you struggle.

My dad, man. it's unbelievable. He started as a power engineer, and eventually climbed high enough to become a director (of something) at Telus. There was a good stretch from 2003-09 where in the middle of being promoted 3 or 4 times, he: renovated a house, built onto said house to expand floorplan by 33%, moved his mum into the house, dealt with my bullshit, etc.

No idea how the man did it, and every year I grow older I am more in awe.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
So, I'm a power engineer so I can relate a bit to this...

Some of the more senior posters probably remember I struggled with alcoholism for a good deal of years, god bless him my dad tried to teach me all this but I was too hungover or cut to care. Well, since becoming sober I've paid the tab in my own embarrassment. Most work such as replacing a pump is fairly intuitive for someone with my knowledge, but actually doing the work sometimes there are things in practice that you won't know how to do until you struggle.

My dad, man. it's unbelievable. He started as a power engineer, and eventually climbed high enough to become a director (of something) at Telus. There was a good stretch from 2003-09 where in the middle of being promoted 3 or 4 times, he: renovated a house, built onto said house to expand floorplan by 33%, moved his mum into the house, dealt with my bullshit, etc.

No idea how the man did it, and every year I grow older I am more in awe.
I understand most if not all of that.

My father had a full time job as a mechanic, maintained our home alone, paid all the bills as my mother was a stay at home mom bought 5 acres of land, framed the new house, did all the electrical wiring, drywall and finishing carpentry and raised 3 kids and sponsored his entire and my mothers entire family here from India.

We never took our cars to a mechanic once. He fixed them in the garage for 40+ years. He tried to share it all with me, but I never bothered to listen to him.

I am 10% of the man he was.

Edit: My father was an functioning alcoholic so i've seen what it can do to a person and household. I am very happy that battle is in your past.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I got off work early today... only to spend almost all that time shoveling my driveway. It's time to invest in a power shovel or snow blower etc.

Reactions: Hit the post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad