Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Glad Bautista is getting a shot will always be one of my all time favorites so i hope he does very well. I think he will be a positive WAR contributor for them at 3B for sure in my mind. Bautista at 1M looks better than Morales at 11M this season and 12M next season. Always wondered why Cleveland didnt take a shot at Bautista for 1M. They were willing to sign him for 18M+ last year, why not 1M this year? Huge bounce back candidate and if not then 1M is barely above league minimum.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Could someone please tell me why Grichuck in RF gets so much playing-time?

Serious question coming from a novice baseball fan

Randall Grichuk's Worst Season - 94 wRC+ (2017)

Kevin Pillar's Best Season - 94 wRC+ (2015)

He's also always been a plus defender in the outfield, especially in the corners. Expect him to come around at some point..

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Fangraphs has their new draft rankings for June.

Updated 2018 MLB Draft Rankings | FanGraphs Baseball

Top 15:

1) Mize
2) Madrigal
3) Bohm
4) Swaggerty
5) Stewart
6) McClanahan
7) Liberatore
8) Kelenic
9) Bart
10) Scott
11) Gorman
12) Rocker
13) Larnach
14) Rolison
15) Singer

I really want Scott to make it to us. Could happen as Kiley says he's higher on him than the industry. If not him then it's between Larnach and Turang (#16) for me.

Reactions: firstemperor

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
For anyone who is following MLB draft prospects trying to learn about some of the Jays potential choices with the #12 overall pick in the June Draft, Fangraphs released their updated draft rankings here: Updated 2018 MLB Draft Rankings | FanGraphs Baseball

Personal favs in the range of the Jays pick are the following:

Connor Scott
Kumar Rocker
Ryan Rolison
Brice Turang
Cole Winn
Cole Wilcox - Personal fav! Sinking Fastball that reaches 96, flashes plus slider, plus Change with solid mechanics which he repeats well

Only guy I don't want is Gilbert. He screams Jon Harris/Deck McGuire.

No love for Larnach? The guy can seriously rake and we could use some lefty pop in the lineup.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Not sure how it looks on a pc but the mobile experience for this broadcast is topnotch.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I always liked Osuna as a prospect... but you are wildly misremembering Osuna's minor league career. He was always young for his level, and there were signs of dominance, but I wouldn't call his full season numbers "elite" by any stretch.

It was impressive enough that he played at those levels at 18-19 years old, of course, but he wasn't remotely close to dominating compared to the other handful of pitchers who did the same. He also threw 65 innings those two seasons combined.

Not misremembering anything.

His stats for age and level, aside from a tiny handful of starts immediately pre and post injury, put him amongst elite of elite comparables.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Not misremembering anything.

His stats for age and level, aside from a tiny handful of starts immediately pre and post injury, put him amongst elite of elite comparables.
Agreed, at the time before the Tommy John the biggest knock on him was his fitness, as he carried around quite a bit of baby fat. After the surgery he came back in relief and after some struggles initially he has has excelled there ever since

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Randall Grichuk's Worst Season - 94 wRC+ (2017)

Kevin Pillar's Best Season - 94 wRC+ (2015)

He's also always been a plus defender in the outfield, especially in the corners. Expect him to come around at some point..
A novice baseball fan may not know wRC+, does that mean that he won 94 world rally car races? :sarcasm:

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
DbF8Jo-VwAAhN_k.jpg:large

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad