The Vincent Lecavalier Dream Thread - Part I: Compliance Buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
We got 9 million right now in open cap space....DD deal didnt ruin nothing...

How much cap you have available otherwise is not relevant as to whether this deal is good or not. If DD continues to look more like DD post-contract than DD pre-contract, it is not a good deal. When we get tighter to the cap resigning certain players in a year or so, that money will be nice to have. DD was looking good prior to signing his extension, so you can't blame Bergevin for the amount. But why were we in such a hurry to extend him? We could have inked him right about now for less given his play for the last half of the season. Or at least had the option open of not doing it all.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So you're saying no source is necessary because it is so obvious that Montreal will pursue him?

Yeah, let's sign Vinnie, Brad Richards, and Danny Briere. The Stanley Cup is also a foregone conclusion!

I went through the same thing yesterday,when i was sayin VL buyout comin....had people tellin me i wasnt right........then today ya seen it.

I Say again,VL will be a Hab...period.No source needed.,Habs wont touch Breire...

Vinny and Brad if he comes avail, i can see yes.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
How much cap you have available otherwise is not relevant as to whether this deal is good or not. If DD continues to look more like DD post-contract than DD pre-contract, it is not a good deal. When we get tighter to the cap resigning certain players in a year or so, that money will be nice to have. DD was looking good prior to signing his extension, so you can't blame Bergevin for the amount. But why were we in such a hurry to extend him? We could have inked him right about now for less given his play for the last half of the season. Or at least had the option open of not doing it all.

You can always waive him, MB wont lose Galchenyuk or Subban over this.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
It has been reported NUMEROUS times by close friends of his in the past that Vincent would not come here because of the intense scrutiny. Why woud it change now?

This.

For what it is worth, I know people very close to Vincent.

They concur.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
It's already been stated that a number of teams have contacted Lecavalier's party. If you don't think Dudley who was his GM at one point contacted him you're crazy :laugh:

NewHabsEra*

That post is full of fail, it's funny. Do you know how rare a 50 pts player is? No matter his height? DD is easily movable, but even if he isn't moved, there is plenty of room under the cap for both of them. They are $9M under the cap, so if Vinny was to sign for, let's say, $5.5M, the Habs would still have $3.5M to sign lesser player like White and Weber (if he is re-signed)

Subban is gonna ask for 7-8 M next year while Eller and Emelin will want a signifiant raise.. Im not saying its not doable to have both but it would be harder than what you think..

Everyone want to move Desharnais and you think a GM is stupid enough to get him at 3.5M for the next 4 year?? A big LOL.. its not all about pts, its about how flawed and unidimentional he is..

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It's already been stated that a number of teams have contacted Lecavalier's party. If you don't think Dudley who was his GM at one point contacted him you're crazy :laugh:

so you're speculating. As long as you made it clear.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
You can always waive him, MB wont lose Galchenyuk or Subban over this.

I don't think he would either. But he still has to pay them, and that adds up against the cap. And you might want that money for something else. You don't want to start overpaying guys who are 33 just because you have space.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
For Vinny he was LOYAL to Tampa hence him wanting to play his whole career out with that org...Well the feelin wasnt mutual we seen today...Things changed,the loyalness has been broken.....

This is from 2009:

Lecavalier, who comes from a family of die-hard Hab fans and grew up watching the team, wasn't shy to admit his love for home but also stressed that he was happy in Tampa.

"I love the city of Montreal, I have never hidden that," he told La Presse.

"I am from there. My family is from there. My friends as well. I grew up with the Canadiens. I understand there are a lot of rumours presently. But they are rumours. I have heard them throughout my career. I like playing in Tampa, I am a loyal person."

Lecavalier also indicated that the decision on a trade "are out of my control," and if he had made a short list of the cities where he would like to play, Montreal would be in a good position.

"For sure," he told La Presse.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Subban is gonna ask for 7-8 M next year while Eller and Emelin will want a signifiant raise.. Im not saying its not doable to have both but it would be harder than what you think..

Everyone want to move Desharnais and you think a GM is stupid enough to get him at 3.5M for the next 4 year?? A big LOL

Everyone trying to move DD for anything is plain stupid or blinded by MOAR SIZE, probably even both. DD is a quality NHLer despite his size, no one can deny that and if you are, you don't know very much about hockey.

50 pts @ $3.5M is a good deal.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Since the Habs are considering it, we must be at least seeing how he fits in. I don't think there's a negative here unless MB thinks that, by the time we can challenge, he'll be too old and so it would be pointless to sign him. That's the only reason I see us not fighting for him for a reasonable salary.

Dudley reached out to his agent.

So in the end, "the Habs are considering it" because our assistant GM was TB's GM when Vinny was in his early 20s? I'd be very interested to see a source confirming that Dudley actually contacted Lecavalier's agent, but right now it looks like flimsy speculation.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Everyone trying to move DD for anything is plain stupid or blinded by MOAR SIZE, probably even both. DD is a quality NHLer despite his size, no one can deny that and if you are, you don't know very much about hockey.

50 pts @ $3.5M is a good deal.

Invisible in playoffs is a bad deal......

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Citation, please? ;)

Ok Listen to Vinny..lol again. ;)

Lecavalier, who comes from a family of die-hard Hab fans and grew up watching the team, wasn't shy to admit his love for home but also stressed that he was happy in Tampa.

"I love the city of Montreal, I have never hidden that," he told La Presse.

"I am from there. My family is from there. My friends as well. I grew up with the Canadiens. I understand there are a lot of rumours presently. But they are rumours. I have heard them throughout my career. I like playing in Tampa, I am a loyal person."

Lecavalier also indicated that the decision on a trade "are out of my control," and if he had made a short list of the cities where he would like to play, Montreal would be in a good position.

"For sure," he told La Presse

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

Also Bergevin played with him in Tampa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad