The Vincent Lecavalier Dream Thread - Part I: Compliance Buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It's not the first time we would hear a player saying that he loves Montreal... but end up signing elsewhere. See Briere, Danny.

I'd love to get him, but it's far from being a certainty as you make it sound.

Briere was never comin here.....no love for Montreal.

Were on Vinny's short bus list,he goin on 34 it is not like he Has 15 years left to face Montreal pressure....

Also at less than 5 million,expectation wont be so high on him...trust me...

4 years flys by fast...just think back to 2009

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Briere was never comin here.....no love for Montreal.

Were on Vinny's short bus list,he goin on 34 it is not like he Has 15 years to fafe Montreal pressure....

Also at less than 5 million,expectation wont be so high.....trust me...

4 years flys by fast

I'd love that to be true. Really. But with a RDS frontpage being Vinny in a Habs jersey.... Expectations will be damn high, at least among "casual" fans. :laugh:

July 5th will be quite an interesting day.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Congrats, dude. It's from 4 years ago. Don't you think he probably changed his mind? :help: After what happened with Cunneyworth and all this crap...

Vinny speaks French, he aint got no worries...lol

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Congrats, dude. It's from 4 years ago. Don't you think he probably changed his mind? :help: After what happened with Cunneyworth and all this crap...

He was asked again TODAY "aka" June 2013,and he said Habs are a team he'd play for.....Sounds like his minds still same as 2009 eh?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
But can he fight?!?!

EDIT: YES, HE CAN BOYS! :YO:

I'm gonna cry if we can't get him, never blamed him for wanting to stay with Tampa, but Id go nuts if he signs elsewhere.

This is the type of guy we need in the playoffs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

In a place where Desharnais is consider a good top 6 center and is really usefull to the Habs.
In a place where Lapierre should've got top 6 minutes at one point.
In a place where Darche was actually a top end bottom 6 player
In a place where 32 years old is too old, unless your name is Bouillon

I don't think Vinny is really scared of that place.

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
Someone reported on other sites that Martin McGuire of 98,5fm, heard that the Habs have no interest in Vinny. Is this true?

Yup. He actually said that neither side, from what he was hearing, would have much interest in the other.

http://http://www.985sports.ca/audioplayer.php?mp3=181556for those who understand French.

Looks like that's a wrap folks.

Another "local boy" well schooled by his agent on how not to be "Briered". :shakehead

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
See post 937. It's called the anti-Briere approach.

Too much drama....he says he's open to playin here...but he wont close all the doors....which is smart when your tryin to negotiate a deal.

Here is full french article
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201306/27/01-4665586-lecavalier-ne-ferme-pas-la-porte-au-ch.php

Loose french translation from Bing

Aged 33, Quebec player don't think obviously not retired, and it might soon draw up a list of interesting teams in his eyes.

A list that could include some teams... including the Canadian.

"Honestly, I didn't even think to it at the moment, it just arrived this morning, he said. But Montreal is a special place, there is a lot of history and they have a great team, they proved this season. Yes, I am open in Montreal, but I does not close the door to anyone either. It's just only a few hours I had the news of the Lightning, I'm not yet rendered there."

tdecheno

Aug 18, 2006
Richard Labbe from La Presse asked him today,if Habs were on his wish list ,Vinny said yes..

Also told Richard he is open to playin on wing....
DUHHHH....is he supposed to come out and say "Nahhh I don't want to play in Montreal, I much prefer somewhere in the US?

NewHabsEra*

Everyone trying to move DD for anything is plain stupid or blinded by MOAR SIZE, probably even both. DD is a quality NHLer despite his size, no one can deny that and if you are, you don't know very much about hockey.

50 pts @ $3.5M is a good deal.

How do you explain that Eller got more pts than Desharnais despite getting no PP time while the midget got plenty..?? Its not all about pts, thats about what you bring to the table overall and as far as Im concerned about DD, he has plenty of holes in his game that makes him a marginal NHLer, certainly not a quality one.. His lack of speed is too important to compensate for his midget frame.. at this size he has no reach, no shot and is easily pushed around like a rag doll.. DD absolutely needs big fast skilled wingers that will create room for him on the ice, thats the only way he can be an effective player in the NHL, needs specific linemates, what makes him a pretty one dimentional player... Stating that Desharnais is a quality NHLer show YOUR lack of hockey knowledge, not mine..

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Well, you read it too. Montreal is not on his wish list, he just basically said that he is open to every option he has. He never said: I want to play in Montreal, they are on my list.

He's gonna pay attention to them, sure. But he never said the Habs were on his wish list.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
No so much:
10 fights in the last four years.
He has more hits per game this season than the previous four seasons.

How many fight Hawks and Bruins get in???
Notice Hawks took it to the Bruins..not a team of smurfs...
They knocked Chara down ,wore him down..they puncture Bergeron's Lung,messed his shoulder up....thats the next level Habs cant play in ...too small and weak

Vinny is 6'4 and he plays with a chip on his shoulder...Habs needs more skilled size,more brusier size....until then....one and done continued

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Is he supposed to just say: "No, I hate Montreal. I hate the ****ing Canadiens, their fans are garbage and I will never play there."

The word might is used to indicate a possibility or probability...I mean, I want him with us. But he never really said he wants to play here. He's gonna look at all the offers. Then, we'll wait and see. :nod:

Yes ,i think wait and see is best...lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad