The Vincent Lecavalier Dream Thread - Part I: Compliance Buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It would be nice to have him, but I predict he goes somewhere random like Dallas.

I know better than to get my hopes up with the Habs.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Forget about Vinny. I want Bergevin to build a winner with his own plan not a stop gap one.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
It would be nice to have him, but I predict he goes somewhere random like Dallas.

I know better than to get my hopes up with the Habs.

Why would he want to finish his career in MTL or TOR where he will be criticized until he reitres? Wasn't that the reason he signed long term in TB? So now, especially at the twillight of his career, I don't see how that could have changed.

Maybe for the sake of saying 'I am Canadian and played for the Habs' but I doubt it.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Forget about Vinny. I want Bergevin to build a winner with his own plan not a stop gap one.

Vinny is the kind of player that's added to the foundation of a winner, and quite easily. He's still very productive, has size, and that word we all love, "intangibles".

And, yes, he's Quebecois.

He would be a good add for any team.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
3uzvjx.jpg

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Anything long term would be really bad. But then, Id prefer to have him over Desharnais any day. Would sign him just long enough for Galchy to become a top 2 C.

Plek
Vinny
Eller

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I will speak with my heart:

Lecavalier would not destroy Bergevin's plan because he's a UFA now. I think depending on the money/term we should be in the race for him.

#1 leader, big player, can produce. Would fit in MT system.

Would be a Marketing boost for the franchise also.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why would he want to finish his career in MTL or TOR where he will be criticized until he reitres? Wasn't that the reason he signed long term in TB? So now, especially at the twillight of his career, I don't see how that could have changed.

Maybe for the sake of saying 'I am Canadian and played for the Habs' but I doubt it.

This too. He has his Cup, he has his money. Does he have any drive to win? Might just be ready to take it easy and find a nice place to retire.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Here is what I am thinking...

If we could somehow get vinny before the draft. Forget about cap hits for the moment, just brainstorming a little...

By getting vinny, we have too many centers. Obviously Lars and Alex are staying but Tomas and David become trade bait. David, at this point in time, won't return us anything of value and it is not the time to trade him when his value to other teams is so low.

Tomas then becomes the trade bait...

To Edmonton
Tomas plekanec
Reasoning: they get their number 2 center. They have said that they are looking to draft either Monahan or Lindholm to get a number 2. For Edmonton , it's time they start making moves in the standings and they no longer want to have to wait for a kid to mature. Their top 6 immediately become way more complete with RNH and plekanec down the middle.

To montreal
7th overall
Reasoning: montreal drafts anyone of the top 4 if they end up falling or they simply happily select Darnell nurse, a big bruising defenseman. Even though we have a lot of defense prospects, I still don't think there is enough balance. Too many smallish puck movers and not enough bigger guys who can really hit and still move the puck.

Montreal also keeps their own 1 st rounder, where they hopefully draft a big winger. Erne, mantha, rychel, etc.

Habs looks like

Pacioretty- Lecavalier - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - xxx
Desharnais - Galchenyuk - Prust
Moen - white - xxx

Subban - gorges
Markov - emelin
Tinordi - bouillon
(Pairings don't matter just putting 6 guys in there)

But then the best part is is that now we have tons of depth in our prospect pool with Nurse, beaulieu on defense who are impact players and our own first round pick, Kristo, collberg

Just brainstorming guys, take it with a grain of salt. Just trying to get some ideas flowing...

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
4 years - 9 million total. He will be paid by the lightning 15 million in those 4 years. 24 million over 4 years is his 6 million a year.

I highly doubt he comes to MTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad