Pre-Game Talk: The Toronto Maple Leafs vs San Jose Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
We dont want to play PK against the Sanchovies. They are dangerous.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
GO LEAFS GO!!! BABY!!!! Puck The Habs! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Almost as fun as watching a Leafs game right now... wait... more fun! lol!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Wasn't the rigidity of always using the starter in Game One of a B2B a huge complaint in recent seasons.
Yes. “Damned if you do.” I think it’s one of the main reasons our backups had bad records. When you throw the inferior goalie in for a game where your team is fatigued from playing the night before your asking for trouble. Especially in the third period. It should be based on their record against them and type of team as well. IMO

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I feel like a lot Leaf fans have like Hutch PTSD or something because of his first run with us where he was absolutely awful. He isn't a bad backup...backup goalie. He played well for us last year. It will be okay.

Reactions: Advanced stats

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
Hutch is clutch baby lets gooooo. Wouldn't mind the team giving us an old school 5-6 goal performance with a hot powerplay

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Remember when he shut out the Oilers in 1 game during that 3 game set. Or wait, was that all Holl?

Last edited:

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Risking your starting goalie to injury on back-to-back nights while the other tandem goalie is already injured is ridiculous....Playing Hutch against a tired team with your fresh team is not ridiculous, its striking a balance for both goalies and the team
Then why not the second game?
And what the heck are we doing with a first string goalie who cannot play back to back.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
It's way too early to tire out your goaltender. It's fine to split the back to back.
Tire your goaltender after 3 games? Seriously! We have a baby team who are way too soft, but the question is why throw away points with a goalie who did not make the team, and has proven not to be capable.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I like the move to start Hutch tonight and Campbell tomorrow. Seems like the best game plan to get 4/4 points, which should be the aim.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
After months without hockey, I didn't think the 4 days would feel long, but it feels like we haven't played hockey in forever.

I'm glad we're using Campbell tomorrow.

Reactions: Pinto

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sensing a blowout tonight.

As long as Oven Mitts doesn’t shit the bed too badly.

Last edited:

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
its an embarrassment this organization is still playing Hutchinson 3 years later. Guys disgraceful. Sad times in net for this franchise as per usual.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I like the move to start Hutch tonight and Campbell tomorrow. Seems like the best game plan to get 4/4 points, which should be the aim.

Pittsburgh is missing all 3 of their top centres in Malkin, Crosby and Jeff Carter for tomorrow's game so I'm not so sure this game against SJ is necessarily the easier of the 2 matches that Hutch is getting the easier game.

Leafs should win both games based on the situation at hand unless their goalie decision backfires.

Last edited:

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Tire your goaltender after 3 games? Seriously! We have a baby team who are way too soft, but the question is why throw away points with a goalie who did not make the team, and has proven not to be capable.

We have 3 games in 4 nights. Hutch (or any other back-up goalie) is gonna get one of those starts.

Don’t see why you wouldn’t put him in against the worst of those three teams who also happens to be on the second half of a back to back.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
its an embarrassment this organization is still playing Hutchinson 3 years later. Guys disgraceful. Sad times in net for this franchise as per usual.
in case you fell into a coma, news flash he was amazing last year as the 3rd stringer.

really ur plan is to play campbell 3 in 4 days ?
can you make a more idiotic plan ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad