Pre-Game Talk: The Toronto Maple Leafs vs San Jose Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Bout that time y'all. Reimer will be playing against the ottawa senators tonight y'all, so uh, Hill gon face our suckas, for life. Y'all thank hutchison will be playing for us against these goons tomorrow no? Dahlen's son and that Eklund kid look real sharp & ready on the pp I gotta tell ya. I hope our THUGS is ready to roll on these fools tomorrow. We gon need everybody to step up our gezame against the backed up back to back loaded sharks sire. BOUT THAT TIME.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'd put Hutchinson in tomorrow.

I don't care what San Hose has been doing this year... Leafs should win. Back to back for San Hose and they're not what they once were.

They have a couple of really good young players and a couple good D man but Leafs need to finally beat down a team. Their goaltending isn't anything special at all either. Time to stop making every goalie look like an all star. The shooting % is about to get a bump. Let's go Leafs.

Reactions: Coachcorner

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I don't care what San Hose has been doing this year... Leafs should win. Back to back for San Hose and they're not what they once were.

They have a couple of really good young players and a couple good D man but Leafs need to finally beat down a team. Their goaltending isn't anything special at all either. Time to stop making every goalie look like an all star. The shooting % is about to get a bump. Let's go Leafs.
I would imagine we'll see Campbell tomorrow and Hutch will get the road game Saturday.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Who to start is a tough call. I can see arguments for both but I'd lean towards playing it safe and putting Campbell in.

Give themselves the best shot at getting at least two points in a back-to-back, though I'd probably respect Keefe more for believing then can win both starting Hutch then Campbell against the Pens.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I would imagine we'll see Campbell tomorrow and Hutch will get the road game Saturday.

Probably but I'd play Hutch first. I think Leafs got it at home if they play like the other night.

Campbell on hockey night in Canada on a Saturday against a better opponent.

I can see both sides. Keefe will most likely do what you're saying though.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Who to start is a tough call. I can see arguments for both but I'd lean towards playing it safe and putting Campbell in.

Give themselves the best shot at getting at least two points in a back-to-back, though I'd probably respect Keefe more for believing then can win both starting Hutch then Campbell against the Pens.
There is a thought that you want to ice the best team possible for the home fans as well.

I think they sweep both and it doesn't matter who's in net.
Although I think he's terrible, I'm giving Hutch a clean slate.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016

I'd personally put Campbell in tomorrow.

Pittsburgh is gonna be so depleted against us, Carter & Jarry have Covid, Crosby/Malkin/Rust are all injured for a while and Friedman might still be hurt.

They'll be running something like this

Jake Guentzel - Evan Rodrigues - Danton Heinen
Jason Zucker - Teddy Blueger - Kasperi Kapanen
Zach Aston Reese- Sam Lafferty - Brock Mcginn
Drew O'Connor - Brian Boyle - Dominik Simon

Brian Dumoulin - Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson - John Marino
Mike Matheson - Chad Ruhdwedel

Desmith
Domingue

- San Jose isn't a good team, but this pens lineup is abysmal.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Always at your best goalie in the 1st of a back to back. Getting 2/4 points is better than 0/4.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Always at your best goalie in the 1st of a back to back. Getting 2/4 points is better than 0/4.

Pittsburgh is gonna be so depleted against us, Carter & Jarry have Covid, Crosby/Malkin/Rust are all injured for a while and Friedman might still be hurt.

Desmith
Domingue

barf ... i expect 4 out of 4 points ... there is no reason to not destroy both these teams.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021

I disagree, the glaring exception to that was a few years back with Babcock starting Freddie against the Wild and Hutch getting the Bruins. Not all 2 points are created equal. Minnesota were brutal at the time, Hutch needed a win oh so bad and we needed to make a statement against Boston - no chance of doing that with Hutch at the time. And of course 2 points against a division rival vs 2 points against a team in the other conference.

"Take the 2 points and run" is the same mentality as a soccer team uses when playing not to lose. It erodes a winner mentality.

Reactions: Kurtz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Desmith
Domingue

We sure Sid will be out?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Oh there's plenty of reason with this core. They should win but Pittsburgh isn't some pushover.

They haven’t been pretty but considering they are missing Crosby and Malkin all season and Guentzel/Rust for some games they have been getting results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad