Pre-Game Talk: The Toronto Maple Leafs vs San Jose Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Well guess what. This us an emergency situation.
We are off to a bad start, look awful, it needs to be all hands on deck. Making an excuse to play Hutch, who got cut, when not necessary is not recognizing that every point is needed, even now. This is week one, not week 35. No one is tired and that last I looked Soupy is not a flippin basketball player.
Why not manage Marner, he looks tired and could stand a night home with his girl friend.

need a hug ?

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Are you lost? This it the Toronto Maple Leafs board, not the Montreal Canadiens board. Only one regulation loss in four games while dominating play for the most part. Could be better but yeah, look at MTL if you want to see what "awful" looks like.

Seriously. You would think this team has lost 10 in a row by all the doom and gloom in here. They are only 1 point behind last year (that’s because they won the OT game they were in), and they were pretty great last year (regular season). A win tonight and they are ahead of last year.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yea, looked like tired legs against a fresh team in their first game and it ultimately devolved into sloppy back and forth hockey we don't really see from this team.....and the Leafs still won the shot and xGF% battle by the end.

Double checking....

Per Evolving-hockey.com:

Gm1: 59.3xgf% EV, 58.4xgf% All
Gm2: 47.2xgf% EV, 51.5xgf% All
Gm3: 60.6xgf% EV, 63.9xgf% All
Gm4: 58.0xgf% EV, 55.3xgf% All

I mean they didn't get destroyed or anything but that's just not good enough against a team like Ottawa.

But I'll give them a pass for now and chalk it up to dead legs cut that's what it looked like to me.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Well put. Liljegren should be playing games as well, but if Keefe isn’t going to give him NHL games I would rather he plays in the AHL, he has missed too much game time already.

My guy, you're not a leafs fan why do you show up on our board ? And then disappear in PGT after we win ? Dude shows up in every PGT after a loss, shows up to shit on Keefe and certain players, and then magically disappears when we win.

And that's a rhetorical question, we all know why you're here.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
So do you think Buffalo Sabres and Edmonton Oilers will be cup finalists?
The question is...Will the Leafs be finalists. That is the important question.
I am not trying to win a discussion, I want to win a CUP.
With statements like you made you cannot even understand that winning is everything. 1967 to 2021 0
I want 2022 to be different and being nice by wanting to play a goalie who was cut is plain dumb. We have done that and failed.
If you want to be a fan and get autographs, cheer for Marner. If you want to win...

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I mean he can't really do much unless you want Amadio in.
however I have a feeling Liljegren won't play tomorrow either.
That’s specifically what I’m referring to, but it would be nice to see Keefe have the balls to promote Willy to play with Matthews and demote Marner to the 2nd line, even for a period or two to see what happens.

Looking at the talent on the team at forward we should be a top 5 team in goals for and maybe even top 2-3 … squeaking out 2-1, 3-2 games shouldn’t be acceptable to Keefe as a “win”, not with $44 million spent on 4 scorers, 2 of whom haven’t scored in 4 games to start the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad