Pre-Game Talk: The time hast come...Van@Edm | Wednesday @ 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Meh at best. There was some praise for Benson but hardly anything for McLeod. People got their hopes up when we had a bunch of players on waivers yesterday.

Was kinda bummed Forsberg got claimed. He was a good Insurance signing. I wonder what plan b is for a 3rd stringer. I have a feeling were going to need one at some point this season

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Was kinda bummed Forsberg got claimed. He was a good Insurance signing. I wonder what plan b is for a 3rd stringer. I have a feeling were going to need one at some point this season

Wonder how good our Zamboni driver is at playing goalie? I mean, we play Toronto several times this year so couldn't hurt to scout him.

Reactions: BigFuzzyDice

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yay, hockey!

Hey... can anyone tell me why the Canada division isn't playing all of their games at 5pm PCT/8PM EST? That would be similar to the way they schedule the SCFinals and would be ideal for:
1) Pacific coasters catching the game on an outdoor patio after "work"
2) with no gate revenue there is no commute to worry about
3) East coasters would finally get to see Van/Cal/Edm
4) Time between games would be equal for all, timezone changes would not be an issue for game day prep, etc.

This is the only division with such significant timezone variance... I'm surprised this didn't come up (or it did and I missed it?)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Yay, hockey!

Hey... can anyone tell me why the Canada division isn't playing all of their games at 5pm PCT/8PM EST? That would be similar to the way they schedule the SCFinals and would be ideal for:
1) Pacific coasters catching the game on an outdoor patio after "work"
2) with no gate revenue there is no commute to worry about
3) East coasters would finally get to see Van/Cal/Edm
4) Time between games would be equal for all, timezone changes would not be an issue for game day prep, etc.

This is the only division with such significant timezone variance... I'm surprised this didn't come up (or it did and I missed it?)

For TV purposes you need the alternating times.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
That was also after a 3 month Lay off in his rookie season. Tippett even said it was so he doesn't get overwhelmed.

Before the layoff Jones was logging 17-20mins a night. I think he'll be solid. Not flashy but solid

Jones only played over 17 minutes 9 times all of last season including play-ins.
He only played over 19 minutes twice.

Now we will be relying on him to play 18-20 minutes per night every night?
Seems pretty risky to just hand wave that away.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Jones only played over 17 minutes 9 times all of last season including play-ins.
He only played over 19 minutes twice.

Now we will be relying on him to play 18-20 minutes per night every night?
Seems pretty risky to just hand wave that away.

I don't think Russell will be an every night option for this team. I'd imagine Koekkoek will draw in a lot if Jones falters.

Reactions: ujju2 and yukoner88

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Looks like JT Miller might not make the trip to Edmonton.

I watched Nate Schmidt at a presser yesterday. I have never actually seen his face without a helmet. Man that guy is so animated. He looks like he is on speed when he talks and moves lol. His mannerisms. Looks like such a hyper guy and he talks like he is 14 years old when he is telling stories and answering questions. Seems like he would be the "fun" guy in the room.

Probably on another steroid cycle and who knows what else.

Reactions: Oilhawks

nightranger

Jan 3, 2021
These were the Canucks lines the other night. The bottom 6? Wow.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Elder-Schmidt
Hughes-Benn
Juolevi-Myers
Nuck fan here in peace. First off Benn is not in the top six, he was just filling in till Hamonic cleared.
I think you guys are underestimating the bottom six. Tho I prefer Sutter over Gaudette, the 3rd line has 3 guys that are capable of 20\40 based on the last 2 seasons.
The #1 biggest issue last season with our bottom six was getting hemmed in. With our D adding Nate and Joulevi (who is gonna surprise) we have a much more balanced unit that should be able to move the puck a lot better.
But I get it, when non-Oiler fans look at your bottom six and D it doesn't scream playoffs but I'm sure you guys know more since you follow the team as Religiously as we follow our Nucks.
For me, as long as the Flames finish 5th or lower and Van finishes top 4 I'm happy.
If I had to pick? Van-Oil-Jets end up top 3.
Cheers and good luck.

nightranger

Jan 3, 2021
Probably on another steroid cycle and who knows what else.
You do realize his positive test was from eating beef that had illegal hormones in it right?
I'm all for calling out cheaters but Nate isn't one so maybe get the facts?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lmao. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

This bridge?

Nom_bridge.jpg

:sarcasm:

Reactions: oilers'72

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Yet you come to a forum, join the forum and post in the forum regarding said millionaires.........sounds like you have interest to me.

Oilers win 6-3!!
In total I have been a HF member for over 10 years. Recently, my interest in all sports has decreased. This forum is not restricted to hockey-talk, which is why I still frequent it. Being active on HF is not enough for you suggest I have an interest in millionaires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad