Pre-Game Talk: The time hast come...Van@Edm | Wednesday @ 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Ugh the more I look at our defence the more concerned I get. Hopefully Larsson and Barrie have bounce back years.

Only thing missing is Klefbom and, if Jones takes a step, we're almost back to the same defence as last year

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Legit question, how fleet footed is Barrie?

I prefer Nurse and Klef on 3v3 because of their ability to recover due to their speed. Is he quick?

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I think Tippett wants a forechecker/physical option on every line.

Kassian on line 1
Yams on line 2
Archie on line 3
Chiasson on line 4

There's some logic to that. Hope it pans out as effective.
I like a lot of of our depth options here too, not much loss on the bottom 6. We'll see Haas, Nygard, McLeod, Benson get time I'm sure

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Every team pumps their own guys up. I looked at the Nucks board and they think our bottom 6 is putrid...I think there bottom 6 is 100x worse than ours when I see it.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
f*** Hollywood.
I kind of agree with you there lol. A lot of Hollywood is creepy (The big boys that run the place). I barely have time to watch a movie or TV. Can't remember the last full movie I watched. Has been years. Maybe that Black Panther. I like docs

It will be nice to have hockey on everyday to watch in the background. Tomorrow is like Christmas for a lot of people.

Funny thing is, the very first time I was taken to an Oilers game when I was about 13, the very first thing that popped into my head was literally, "Wow, look at all of those millionaires skating around for warm up".

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I kind of agree with you there lol. A lot of Hollywood is creepy (The big boys that run the place). I barely have time to watch a movie or TV. Can't remember the last full movie I watched. Has been years. Maybe that Black Panther. I like docs
The outright depravity of that industry completely soured me over the last couple years. I do not watch any TV shows, and the only movies we (old broad and I) watch are foreign. Not because we are pretentious; but rather, morally, we do not want to support Hollywood.

Reactions: oilers'72

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Which is exactly why I have minimal interest in watching millionaires play a sport.
Heaven forbid we get a little piece of normalcy back for all the people stuck at home going crazy. In a time where depression is probably on the rise, dont discount the positive psychological effect watching hockey again will have on many people.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Heaven forbid we get a little piece of normalcy back for all the people stuck at home going crazy. In a time where depression is probably on the rise, dont discount the positive psychological effect watching hockey again will have on many people.
TV and social media is greatly impacting the mental health of society. Remove those unnecessary aspects from your life and the depression may subside.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
TV and social media is greatly impacting the mental health of society. Remove those unnecessary aspects from your life and the depression may subside.
giphy.gif

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Looks like JT Miller might not make the trip to Edmonton.

I watched Nate Schmidt at a presser yesterday. I have never actually seen his face without a helmet. Man that guy is so animated. He looks like he is on speed when he talks and moves lol. His mannerisms. Looks like such a hyper guy and he talks like he is 14 years old when he is telling stories and answering questions. Seems like he would be the "fun" guy in the room.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
3-2 Oilers

McDavid scores an early one on his first shift.

Yamamoto with the GWG.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Looks like JT Miller might not make the trip to Edmonton.

I watched Nate Schmidt at a presser yesterday. I have never actually seen his face without a helmet. Man that guy is so animated. He looks like he is on speed when he talks and moves lol. His mannerisms. Looks like such a hyper guy and he talks like he is 14 years old when he is telling stories and answering questions. Seems like he would be the "fun" guy in the room.

I remember Nate Schmidt was the same way in his Caps days. Definitely the "fun" guy in the room. And a big on-ice addition for the Canucks.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think Ennis makes more sense on the third line and Archibald on the fourth line but who knows.

I would rather see McLeod as the 4C lol. Come back Haas.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Surprise, surprise. Thomas Drance picks Vancouver to finish 4th and Edmonton 5th. God I can't stand that f****. He might have changed, but that POS sh** talked the Oilers so much the last 5-7 years. Probably deleted all of those old tweets

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Hopefully McDavid dekes the pants off of "Shot Gun Jake" tomorrow. Jake will go run to the nearest bar afterwards to drink himself silly.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Finally, hockey! Every day seems to meld together like this has been a year-long winter where everyone was mostly hibernating. I'm predicting a 6-2 victory and McDavid's going to be a handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad