Pre-Game Talk: The time hast come...Van@Edm | Wednesday @ 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Here we are having an existential discussion on social media and the validity of watching pro athletes when we have a game tomorrow against the Canucks.

Sounds about right....

I come here to talk hockey and distract me from writing this trial brief and social media is the topic at hand. Come on, if I want to talk about mental health I'll call my psychiatrist. Let's get on with hockey here.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
In total I have been a HF member for over 10 years. Recently, my interest in all sports has decreased. This forum is not restricted to hockey-talk, which is why I still frequent it. Being active on HF is not enough for you suggest I have an interest in millionaires.

Sure, fair point. It's one of the good things about this forum is there are lots of discussions about things outside of hockey as well.

But topics that are a "Pre-Game Talk" generally have to do with hockey.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Brown Cat

Hates OP
Jan 7, 2021
0j6cb7c.png

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

Just following the classy @snipes example and wishing your Team good luck and a healthy season. Hopefully we both end up in the playoffs with some semblance of fans in attendance, safely.

Special thank you for being so welcoming and to @Wen22 for sharing your talent with us Luddites who do not use da twitterz or da intsagramz .

So grateful to have hockey back. Hopefully disruptions are minimal.

I’ll let you get back to building up your pre-game hate:
D0481902-000D-409B-9FE7-8AD4669668BB.gif

LOOKS LIKE CANUCKS ARE BACK ON THE MENU BOYS​

nightranger

Jan 3, 2021
Lmao. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
Don't want to derail this thread as an outsider but comparing Bonds to Nate is just silly, completely different situations. Nate tested positive with a minuscule amount of a hormone that was eventually traced back to a hormone that was being used by a beef farm illegally.
Vegas did their own internal investigation and we're satisfied enough to sign him to a 6-year extension. Do you honestly think if they thought in any way his performance was bolstered by PEDs they would have been comfortable signing him to that deal? There are articles online that include league sources admitting that Nate was probably innocent but the rules don't leave much wiggle room.
Sorry wrong post I quoted.
Point still stands.

Reactions: nabob

Nigel David Albert

Mar 9, 2020
Man I think i’m In the minority when I look at both teams d lineup. Edler has been super solid when healthy the last two years and Schmidt is a good dman. We all saw how solid Quinn Hughes was last year. If Hamonic or Benn plays a solid safe game then Hughes will be able to fly. I also think Tyler Myers is better than we’re giving him credit for. Juolevi is an unknown right now so I’d say that’s Oilers biggest opening.

I’ve loved Nurses improvement but he still makes some weird passes that scare me. Tippet already stated that Bear seemed slow on the uptake since coming back. For our top minute pairing that worries me. Larsson is good for clearing the net and roughing up players but i fear when he touches the puck. I like Jones but I’m not sure how Larsson and him can compliment eachother. Russell can get in front of a puck and get back to the net quickly. I’m excited for Barrie and hope he can bring a decent defensive game like he was doing against the Oilers when he was in Colorado. Since then I haven’t like his defensive game but hopefully his offence overshadows that.

I’m a little sad not seeing the Nuge-Draisaitl-Yam line but hopefully Kahun will keep the gel together and maybe Nuge will be that winger we’ve wanted for Mcdavid since we drafted him. Honestly if they second line doesn’t work great I think they should move Nuge back. We’ve seen that Mcdavid will make his line work no matter who you put with him. It just might mean he has to play a little more selfishly. I like the look of our third line, hopefully Turris will be a nice push for us. He’s got a hard worker in Archibald and some nice size and tools from Poolparty. Feel bad for Ennis on our fourth though. Chiasson and Juhjar have been so slow.

I like our top two lines better than Canucks but that top line of Miller-Pettersson-Boeser is lethal. As much as I want to dislike Horvat he was pretty unreal last year. Their third like is an actually pretty solid banger line and if we compare fourth lines I like canucks way fourth more. If Canucks stay out of the box I think they could take this one. Given how good our pp was last year and now having Barrie i think we’ll take it if we get a few pp’s.

4-3 Oilers in a shootout, Turris and Mcdavid with the shootout goals.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
For the record, I think Koekkoek was playing with Barrie today during practice, and Russell with Lagesson.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if they go with the following tomorrow:

RNH - McDavid - Kassian
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Archie - Turris - Puljujarvi
Ennis - Khaira - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I actually like shorten seasons vs 82 games because every game matters like the NFL. Quite frankly I wouldn't mind seeing teams play only 2 games a week, less likely for players to take nights off

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
For the record, I think Koekkoek was playing with Barrie today during practice, and Russell with Lagesson.

Wouldn't be totally surprised if they go with the following tomorrow:

RNH - McDavid - Kassian
Kahun - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Archie - Turris - Puljujarvi
Ennis - Khaira - Chiasson

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen
Is there a site that shows players vs specific teams?

I have a feeling Khaira and RNH are always good against their hometown(province) team.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Without Miller and with another hole on D to fill, it's hard to imagine Vancouver is going to win many games in the next two weeks. In a 56-game season, that could sink them out of the gate.

Fingers crossed our boys can stay healthy.

Reactions: oilers'72

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Why would we expose Khaira to waivers only to play him the next day? I'd think with Klef gone, cap isnt really an issue. If he's good enough to be 4C then why risk losing him this way?

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why would we expose Khaira to waivers only to play him the next day? I'd think with Klef gone, cap isnt really an issue. If he's good enough to be 4C then why risk losing him this way?
The way the league is dealing with LTIR a lot of teams may have weird day 1 rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad