Pre-Game Talk: The time hast come...Van@Edm | Wednesday @ 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
So the Panthers are allowed to have a full barn? Doesn't seem fair. :/

Hey, they had to give some tickets away with pizza to get to that 5K. stop picking on em....;)

heh But NHL being NHL. I mean it don't effect us in the Canadian division at all but for the US clubs some of them get home support advantage, most of them get none of that. Its strange, and seems based on much of nothing in terms of infection rates.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
So basically the teams that are typically in insolvency conversations.

I'd love to see the stats for COVID levels in these areas.

All the Brady Sluders "umma gonna get Covid" already did...;)

now they figure they're all set. Plus if you drink enough beer at games you hardly get covid bad. They proved that in Ireland pubs. pffft.

I'm jk about all of this just as disclaimer.

Reactions: oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The reason I asked about crowds isn't about Covid. It's about the political slant the NHL pulled in the playoffs, when they sent a big FU to the fans. I'm going to see if it gets pulled again at any rinks that have crowds and watch the fan's reaction.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The reason I asked about crowds isn't about Covid. It's about the political slant the NHL pulled in the playoffs, when they sent a big FU to the fans. I'm going to see if it gets pulled again at any rinks that have crowds and watch the fan's reaction.
???????

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Please elaborate.

Fans weren't allowed in buildings, the NHL pulled no political slant about anything. They sent a big "heres some hockey for you guys to watch during these terrible times" though.

Don't see the reason to complain about that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Please elaborate.

Fans weren't allowed in buildings, the NHL pulled no political slant about anything. They sent a big "heres some hockey for you guys to watch during these terrible times" though.

Don't see the reason to complain about that.

The only political thing I can think of was the BLM demonstration. That said, that is getting way too far OT so if you guys want to talk politics do it via private messaging.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

Absolutely. I get your message. Maybe only certain fans will be allowed, heh. Answer these questions 3. (Monty Python)

1) Will you boo!

2 and 3 don't count. Neither does our opinion as fans it seems.

Whoops @Bryanbryoil , I posted the reply at the same time, but only in a humorous sort of way..

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Most people aren't using the previous seasons results. They are looking at the records that the Canadian teams have playing each other.

Why? Its such a low sample size.

When the Oilers were routinely last in the league we cleaned house in Canadian matchups. IDK. I dont think it means a whole lot.

Reactions: nabob

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

When the Oilers were routinely last in the league we cleaned house in Canadian matchups. IDK. I dont think it means a whole lot.
It's going to be such a weird season that I dont think anything means a lot

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
images

Reactions: 780il

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
3 of the 4 TSN “analysts” had us 4th in the Canada Cup division and Button had us 6th.

Toronto/Montreal were #1 and #2 in 3 of the 4 with O’Slob having Winnipeg/Toronto at #1 and #2.

Just lol
Is there anybody in the national media that hates the Oilers more than Button does? Most of them do but Button takes it to another level.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. Cant wait for some wonderful distracting hockey to be back. Looking forward to many things this year. I think we’re quite a bit better team overall. Jesse P is a total wildcard and could be serious found money. Can our PP even be better? I also think McDavid is hitting that primetime and will dominate this year. Look forward to the 100 point watch!

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
3 of the 4 TSN “analysts” had us 4th in the Canada Cup division and Button had us 6th.

Toronto/Montreal were #1 and #2 in 3 of the 4 with O’Slob having Winnipeg/Toronto at #1 and #2.

Just lol
Thats actually the most probable scenario. Like it or not. Though after Toronto, and infront of Ottawa, the division is really close.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

It does mean something because they are playing ONLY Canadian teams this season but as I pointed out in a previous post, their record against Canadian teams was much better in 2020 when the team was much different so it's not a big worry IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->