Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
B0E064E0-2A4F-48FE-AB6B-8F23FB50C7AE.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hockey starts out east at 3.30 our time and ends at 11PM with our game vs the hated Canucks. I cant wait to be a lump in the home theatre again with my eyes glued to the screen. Good times have finally come, and a reason to stay home and quarantine till I get my vaccination sometime in 2023.

Oilers 6-5, lots of rust on both teams leads to lots of goals for both teams and we have McDrai, so f*** you Vancouver.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
3 - 1 Loss. :ha:

The Oilers get a quick goal from McD in the first 2 minutes, and then sleepwalk through the rest of the game with zero intensity / effort until the last 4 minutes or so.

Does this scenario sound familiar? :rolleyes:

On the bright side, after this loss, the Oil win the next 4 out of 6.

BTW I PRAY that my prediction is wrong, and that the Oilers stomp the Canucks 5 - 1.
I really hope McDavid is more of an a**hole that the guys respect and rips into guys vocally this year (I know he won't rip into them lol). You can tell from his interviews he seems more confident and open to saying what his expectations are for himself and the team.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Ugh the more I look at our defence the more concerned I get. Hopefully Larsson and Barrie have bounce back years.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I really hope McDavid is more of an a**hole that the guys respect and rips into guys vocally this year (I know he won't rip into them lol). You can tell from his interviews he seems more confident and open to saying what his expectations are for himself and the team.

Given the few quotes we've heard from him training camp, I think McDavid has pretty high expectations everyone to bring their "A" game this season

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I still don't know about Archibald on that 3rd line. I like him and everything, it just seems weird with Turris and Puljujarvi. Three righties. I'd rather Ennis there.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I still don't know about Archibald on that 3rd line. I like him and everything, it just seems weird with Turris and Puljujarvi. Three righties. I'd rather Ennis there.

I think Tippett wants a forechecker/physical option on every line.

Kassian on line 1
Yams on line 2
Archie on line 3
Chiasson on line 4

Reactions: MessierII

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
According to Canucks' Legend Kevin Bieksa, both passing speed and shooting speed will increase with every touch of the puck between righties. We will see many goals from this line if his theory is true

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Woo Hoo! Hockey is back! Can't wait for tomorrow!

There will be a LOT of rust in the first bunch of games. On a regular year it's bad. This year will be worse. Hopefully we can outscore what is likely going to be a poor defensive game on both sides.

I'm hoping our boys come out pumped, excited and ready to take this season by the horns early.

This season we will see if Markstrom covered up a lot of the nucks issues, which I believe he did.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Barrie on 3rd pair....is he that bad?

Russell - Larsson pairing is a black hole for possession which is why by default Barrie is on the 3rd pair.

I'm curious what the PK defence pairings will look like. Nurse, Larsson and Russell will all get PK minutes, but then does Bear get the other PK minutes on the right side, or do they go with Jones and have 3 lefties?

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Ugh the more I look at our defence the more concerned I get. Hopefully Larsson and Barrie have bounce back years.

We need a pretty huge leap forward by Jones.

Tippet was playing him I think 11 or 12 minutes per night in last year's play ins.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Russell - Larsson pairing is a black hole for possession which is why by default Barrie is on the 3rd pair.

I'm curious what the PK defence pairings will look like. Nurse, Larsson and Russell will all get PK minutes, but then does Bear get the other PK minutes on the right side, or do they go with Jones and have 3 lefties?
Bear for sure he was great on the pk last year. Likely both see time though.

Reactions: snipes

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
We need a pretty huge leap forward by Jones.

Tippet was playing him I think 11 or 12 minutes per night in last year's play ins.

That was also after a 3 month Lay off in his rookie season. Tippett even said it was so he doesn't get overwhelmed.

Before the layoff Jones was logging 17-20mins a night. I think he'll be solid. Not flashy but solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad