OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Out of the hospital after spending much of the last week there. starting to feel a bit better, and finally got a diagnoses for IBS-C as one of my many problems.

This qualifies me for the medical program in new jersey which will alleviate much of stress I have faced throughout my adult life
Had to look it up.

Sounds like a hard thing to deal with.

Sorry, just trying to bring some levity.

Hope you feel better and I hope the program gets things moving for you.

I'm effed up.

Reactions: Scorcho

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
on a side note.... any walking dead fans here? if so when did it jump the shark? jump the shark means go downhill
It jumped the shark probably about two seasons ago. After the stupid cliffhanger that lasted the entire offseason, over who Negan killed in the season 6 finale. And then it really started to decay with the dragging ass season 7, with so many filler and bottled episodes. I did think season 8 was good, don't get me wrong, but killing Carl off Carl was a pretty bad move, as much as I didn't really care much for the character one way or the other. And now do you see who's getting killed off in a few episodes? It's not even a spoiler anymore, because after it leaked and AMC couldn't ignore it anymore, they started promoting it as his final episodes. Season 9 just started. I'd be shocked if it got a season 12. They may as well as end the original series after this season and do a continuation series, like what All In The Family did with Archie Bunker's Place, after one season of Mike and Gloria being written out of the series and the show bombing.

I still watch it, because I'm invested in it, but I did give up on Fear The Walking Dead, which I actually liked the first 3 seasons of. After they killed off almost all of the original characters and made it Morgan's show, they lost me. I watched all of the episodes from the first half, but didn't watch any in the second half until the season finale. It's not Morgan's fault that they killed off the important original characters. I would have been fine with Morgan on there along with them, but they felt the need to kill the two biggest (and original characters) characters after he came along.

Anyway, probably better suited for the entertainment thread.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It jumped the shark probably about two seasons ago. After the stupid cliffhanger that lasted the entire offseason, over who Negan killed in the season 6 finale. And then it really started to decay with the dragging ass season 7, with so many filler and bottled episodes. I did think season 8 was good, don't get me wrong, but killing Carl off Carl was a pretty bad move, as much as I didn't really care much for the character one way or the other. And now do you see who's getting killed off in a few episodes? It's not even a spoiler anymore, because after it leaked and AMC couldn't ignore it anymore, they started promoting it as his final episodes.

I still watch it, because I'm invested in it, but I did give up on Fear The Walking Dead, which I actually liked the first 3 seasons of. After they killed off almost all of the original characters and made it Morgan's show, they lost me. I watched all of the episodes from the first half, but didn't watch any in the second half until the season finale. It's not Morgan's fault that they killed off the important original characters. I would have been fine with Morgan on there along with them, but they felt the need to kill the two biggest (and original characters) characters after he came along.

Anyway, probably better suited for the entertainment thread.
I actually stopped on that cliffhanger. It wasn't a conscious decision. I just kind of lost interest. I have no idea who got killed off. Maybe some day I'll find out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually stopped on that cliffhanger. It wasn't a conscious decision. I just kind of lost interest. I have no idea who got killed off. Maybe some day I'll find out.
It was Abraham and Glenn. Abraham was the one who was getting it as the show ended. He was the cliffhanger death. Apparently it's Glenn who gets that death in the comic book. In the season premier the next year, Negan starts taunting the group and Rosita (Abraham's ex-girlfriend) after killing Abraham and Darryl jumps up and takes a swing at Negan. Then after his men restrain Darryl, Negan starts whacking at Glenn because of Darryl's interference.

The worst part about that premier was that they even waited 20+ minutes (including commercials) into the show to show you Negan killing Abraham.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It was Abraham and Glenn. Abraham was the one who was getting it as the show ended. He was the cliffhanger death. Apparently it's Glenn who gets that death in the comic book. In the season premier the next year, Negan starts taunting the group and Rosita (Abraham's ex-girlfriend) after killing Abraham and Darryl jumps up and takes a swing at Negan. Then after his men restrain Darryl, Negan starts whacking at Glenn because of Darryl's interference.

The worst part about that premier was that they even waited 20+ minutes (including commercials) into the show to show you Negan killing Abraham.
Thanks for the spoiler :)

You should really wrap that in a spoiler tag for those who care.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thanks for the spoiler :)

You should really wrap that in a spoiler tag for those who care.
I mean, it happened over 2 years ago. I know some people don't start the series until years later, but there's been so many deaths on the show and it's been on for years now.

I figured you were not coming back to the series though, that's why I ''Spoiled it for you''.

AMC is already spoiling the next major character death after it leaked back in May, by advertising these episodes as their ''Final episodes''. Although, they don't spoil how it happens, nor even saying if the character is actually being killed off or not. I'm pretty sure AMC already has acknowledged another major characters departure later this season, who is apparently not being killed off, and is being left open to return to the series down the road.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I stopped watching the season or two after the governor. I just got so bored of the same shit over and over again. They go to a settlement, get into a fight with people there, zombies invade, kill zombies, zombies invade again, someone important dies, oh no now we need to go find a new settlement. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Yeah. I don't watch that much TV, although it's on in the background all the time - usually History, Discovery, etc. I don't usually watch more than 1 or two series a year. Walking Dead was the show I was watching for a while. Mad Men before that. This is Us is my current. Doctor Who is kind of a constant for me.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I stopped watching the season or two after the governor. I just got so bored of the same **** over and over again. They go to a settlement, get into a fight with people there, zombies invade, kill zombies, zombies invade again, someone important dies, oh no now we need to go find a new settlement. Rinse and repeat.
It's really getting to a point where the series is running its course. It's just about done all it can do.

Most shows like that don't get 9 years. HBO was in talks to pick up the show originally, before AMC got it. If HBO got it, there's no way it would still be on. It would have ended after 6-7 seasons tops. Just like The Sopranos and Game Of Thrones.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah. I don't watch that much TV, although it's on in the background all the time - usually History, Discovery, etc. I don't usually watch more than 1 or two series a year. Walking Dead was the show I was watching for a while. Mad Men before that. This is Us is my current. Doctor Who is kind of a constant for me.
I've never watched Doctor Who in my life, but the woman I was this past Summer, who I cried about in this thread, she LOVED Doctor Who. She had something he says as a ringtone on her phone. She was a huge fan. I was interested in it a little bit, because if I'm interested in a person, I like finding out about what they like. I never watched it though.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It's really getting to a point where the series is running its course. It's just about done all it can do.

Most shows like that don't get 9 years. HBO was in talks to pick up the show originally, before AMC got it. If HBO got it, there's no way it would still be on. It would have ended after 6-7 seasons tops. Just like The Sopranos and Game Of Thrones.
Well, AMC even milked it with that horrible spinoff. Fear the Walking Dead. I watched it a little and every last character was completely insufferable.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I've never watched Doctor Who in my life, but the woman I was this past Summer, who I cried about in this thread, she LOVED Doctor Who. She had something he says as a ringtone on her phone. She was a huge fan. I was interested in it a little bit, because if I'm interested in a person, I like finding out about what they like. I never watched it though.
If you watch an episode, I would highly recommend you watch the episode called "Blink" (Season 3, episode 10). It's quite enjoyable, even for non-fans.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I've only watched a few seasons of Doctor Who, but I loved it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well, AMC even milked it with that horrible spinoff. Fear the Walking Dead. I watched it a little and every last character was completely insufferable.
I actually liked Fear The Walking Dead.... Until this past season.

Now Morgan from the original series is in it and they've killed all but two characters from the first season. They've either killed them off or written them out of the series, fates unknown.

Season 3 of Fear The Walking Dead was WAYYYYYY better than season 7 of the original series.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't even watch TV much anymore. I pretty much only watch sports nowadays

This.

Sports & news is about it for me. The occasional WWII documentary or show, maybe a Pawn Stars or South Park episode once or twice a month, and I'm spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille