OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
This wouldn't be a common problem around here, I suppose.. but everytime I have to move and switch TV providers, finding a plan that has both NHL Network and Lifetime Movie Network becomes a more intricate and expensive problem to solve.

Hockey, Baseball & Lifetime movies would probably be about 90% of my TV intake.

(Lifetime is basically like junk food, I can't help it)

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I stopped watching the season or two after the governor. I just got so bored of the same **** over and over again. They go to a settlement, get into a fight with people there, zombies invade, kill zombies, zombies invade again, someone important dies, oh no now we need to go find a new settlement. Rinse and repeat.

i think it jumped the shark after season 2. i still watched dont get me wrong. but there was something really special about those first two seasons. i could watch them over and over like a movie.

prolly has something to do with frank darabont being on the show. once he left it became a typical a network show.

money trumps art these days.

season 3 was ok tho. ill give them that. but its been going downhill for a long time

my REAL jump the shark moment was when they brought a tank to the prison tho..... it was like ok..... you got a tank.... lol

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
There's some fantastic television out there right now.

-It's Always Sunny - the first episode this season is top 5 of anything they've produced
-Better Call Saul - just wrapped up season 4, incredible
-Handmaid's Tale - amazing Netflix show, binge or watch at your leisure
-This is Us - best network drama since Lost
-Stranger Things - more outstanding programming by netflix
-Thrones final season coming up

I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one or more...

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

-It's Always Sunny - the first episode this season is top 5 of anything they've produced

I don't make enough time for this show anymore. I need to get caught up.

There are about 3 shows I keep up with regularly, and they're some of the best TV I've ever watched (You, The Good Place and Jane the Virgin).

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
yeah bbc and pbs arent biased...... you heard it here
Not as overtly as the others and they still generally just report news.

It also depends on how you view bias. Reporting on the glaring absurdities of something or someone you support isn't necessarily biased, it could just be journalism.

The 3 majors however fly their flags and make sure you're aware of it as frequently as possible. It's obnoxious, mostly uninformative, and at times irresponsible.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Not as overtly as the others and they still generally just report news.

It also depends on how you view bias. Reporting on the glaring absurdities of something or someone you support isn't necessarily biased, it could just be journalism.

The 3 majors however fly their flags and make sure you're aware of it as frequently as possible. It's obnoxious, generally uninformative, and at times irresponsible.

just because they are better at hiding/more covert in their opinions doesnt make it right.

like i said its up to you to sift through the bs.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
just because they are better at hiding/more covert in their opinions doesnt make it right.

like i said its up to you to sift through the bs.
Ok.

I don't really watch the news anyway, just threw out the 2 that I would if I was going to.

Where would you suggest i get my information from?

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Ok.

I don't really watch the news anyway, just threw out the 2 that I would if I was going to.

Where would you suggest i get my information from?

no no i watch them too. i didnt mean it like that.

just saying its up to you to make your own decisions. if they are saying what you believe then thats cool.

i watch everything and for some reason dont agree with any of them. i just agree with dark that they all have some bias in them.

we live in some crazy times man. never in modern history have we had any of this. its a learning experience,

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Also exceedingly biased.
I admittedly haven't watched either in years, has something at those networks changed that I'm unaware of? I find that hard to believe in the case of PBS, but not impossible. It would be a shame if BBC followed the 3 majors lead and is trying to compete with them.

I guess that makes me the guy who drives by a shuttered restaurant and wonders about when the place closed. If I cared enough or if they were good enough I'd probably know.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
While we’re talking about TV shows we haven’t caught up on: I have zero interest in watching the ninth season of Archer. It’s sad how far that show has fallen. Season 2 is one of the funniest seasons of any show I’ve seen.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

-Better Call Saul - just wrapped up season 4, incredible
-Handmaid's Tale - amazing Netflix show, binge or watch at your leisure
-This is Us - best network drama since Lost
-Stranger Things - more outstanding programming by netflix
-Thrones final season coming up

I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one or more...

I’ve only seen random episodes of Sunny and i tend to love it. One day I will have to start an epic binge.
Better Call Saul is flat out amazing... never thought it could be this good when they announced it. Was the last episode really the season finale?!?
Handmaids Tale is on Amazon not Netflix
This is Us is the best all around show on television today
Strangers Things season 1 was much better than 2 so I will be curious what they do with a 3rd. The 80s nostalgia carries the show.
Thrones.... can’t wait and I will watch whatever spinoffs they bring out.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
As far as news goes I really like Special Report with Brett Baier. Fox as a station is as biased as any, but that show calls it surprisingly straight.

Reactions: BenedictGomez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad