OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Left for work around 9 from Astoria, and between 2 sick passengers and a signal problem, the commute into manhattan took 2 hours
In all of my time living in NYC, living in NJ, coming back for extended months at a time... I have never had the sick passenger delay. Have had literally almost everything else except that one. For that, I am sorry for you and feel utmost sympathy. N train?

My worst experience was sitting at Whitehall for like 1 hour or so. By then I said screw it and just walked back to Brooklyn/through

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
In all of my time living in NYC, living in NJ, coming back for extended months at a time... I have never had the sick passenger delay. Have had literally almost everything else except that one. For that, I am sorry for you and feel utmost sympathy. N train?

My worst experience was sitting at Whitehall for like 1 hour or so. By then I said screw it and just walked back to Brooklyn/through
yeah, i think it impacted the NW, and then also the trains out of queens plaza? today was quite a shitshow for commuters

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I love this weather so much. Cool and cloudy makes me want chili in a bread bowl.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
yeah, i think it impacted the NW, and then also the trains out of queens plaza? today was quite a ****show for commuters
Usually when in Brooklyn the trains are okay, but 36th street is such a f***fest sometimes and of course right now they're finishing up the Sea Beach renos so they're skipping when headed back to Coney Island. My worst delay of all time, outside the scope of the MTA was in 2010. Couple days after Christmas we got the snow/ice storm and a ride from Newark to Matawan took like 3+ hours

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

My worst experience was only about a 35 minute delay, but the train was completely dead and we had to evacuate and walk through the subway tunnel to the next station. Summertime, so it was hot and it stunk. I do not miss living in Manhattan one bit. Not. One. Bit.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
My worst experience was only about a 35 minute delay, but the train was completely dead and we had to evacuate and walk through the subway tunnel to the next station. Summertime, so it was hot and it stunk. I do not miss living in Manhattan one bit. Not. One. Bit.
That's pretty nasty. I've been down the tunnels, but in winter. In that heat it gets humid, foggy, and the trash/whatever else is there just gets overpowering. Living there kinda sucks, especially now, not gonna lie. My dad lives in Brooklyn which is somewhat better, but still, crowded as anywhere and getting more packed by the day it seems.

When I visit, depending on who I am visiting, I either stay there or stay at my house in Matawan. When I was still young family moved out there and then I moved to Buffalo for school/work. Much easier drive, probably best decision of my life was to end up keeping that house.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
im doing split pea and ham soup today…still got a few smoked ham hocks from last winter in vacuum …...but ya, i get what your saying

I notoriously loved split pea soup when I was a kid but my entire family loathed the smells that would come from my body for about 4 days afterwords. It became somewhat of an ongoing joke when my grandmother offered to make me some homemade year after year.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Also exceedingly biased.

I admittedly haven't watched either in years, has something at those networks changed that I'm unaware of? I find that hard to believe in the case of PBS, but not impossible. It would be a shame if BBC followed the 3 majors lead and is trying to compete with them.

I guess that makes me the guy who drives by a shuttered restaurant and wonders about when the place closed. If I cared enough or if they were good enough I'd probably know.

name me a tv news outlet that *isn't* biased

tenor.gif

cool thing about capitalism is all you need to do to spam your ideology onto society is get rich and start a cable news channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->