OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVIII: Limes On A Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's always interesting to see how ones economic and political philosophies can become convoluted when it's an activity or issue that directly effects them. I'm sure I'm guilty of the same, but it's also easier to see other people's perceived flaws than to be introspective of ones own.

Granted, you are capable of finding "politics" behind every-blade-of-grass & under every child's bed, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt & reread what I wrote & there's not a single political aspect to it. I made 2 simple (I thought) points:

1) I explained Vail's business strategy of raising day prices to increase season pass sales (100% factual & publicly true)
2) I noted I think this could have a negative effect on new skier/snowboarder numbers long-term (100% opinion & speculation)

Neither statement is even remotely a political concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
There's no logical motive to purchase a solitude, a-basin, or mad river glen.

Solitude was purchased just a few months ago by Vail's #1 competitor.

A-Basin was purchased by Vail, but Vail was forced to sell it by the Federal Government (monopoly fears)

Mad River Glen is structured as a cooperative, so it's not possible (realistically) to buy it

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Brighton in Utah had a great deal a few years ago. 4 night passes and a large pizza for $100

If I'm Alterra, I make Boyne a real strong offer to purchase Brighton, connecting Solitude & Brighton would be a game-changer.

It would also make ONE Wasatch that much closer to a reality, which would be amazing.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
notre-dame burning down ruined my day...

and i was raised catholic and i can say pretty assuredly that that's not why this is upsetting.

icon of human history and architecture lost forever.

genuinely upset i'll never get to see it in person.
Same.

I'm grateful to have stood inside it before but am heartbroken for my girl (and many others obv) for who that was going to be one of the highlights of our upcoming trip.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

The suspicion is construction work, but it's much, much too early to know.

I once was involved with a case where an entire apartment building burned down because elders had used the iron stair railing to ground their equipment and it turned out the screws holding in the railing were connected to the metal wiring inside the stucco. It wouldn’t shock me to see something similar was the cause of a fire like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad