PRNJ
What does my eye spy?

First potential snowfall of 2018-2019! :dm:

SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.gif

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I was outside all afternoon and didn't dress appropriately. That wind was cold and damp today. It went right through me. Should have taken out the wool jacket.

i woke at 7am (non work day)……made some breakfast and continued building a shed i have started…… a 12' x 7' thing…..

got plenty done….. and plenty buzzed with day long daylight sipping on whiskey here and there…..it was an incredible day………full of relaxation and the sound of a skil saw and an impact drill.

i dressed well….and especially my feet in full warm and DRY boots

Reactions: Aethon

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
FYI...... real world temperatures aloft are coming in colder than the computerized models are depicting.

What does this mean?

I think this storm has good potential to be worse than the 1 or 2 inches of slop that's predicted, and stay below freezing longer. May want to leave work early today & work at home if you have that ability.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
FYI...... real world temperatures aloft are coming in colder than the computerized models are depicting.

What does this mean?

I think this storm has good potential to be worse than the 1 or 2 inches of slop that's predicted, and stay below freezing longer. May want to leave work early today & work at home if you have that ability.

Inject it into my veins please. Snow then rain is the worrrrrst. Snow then more snow? Sign me up.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

What does this mean?

Snow followed by freezing rain is never good for driving.

Good advice, leave work early if you can today.

Don't drive down to Philly for game either, the roads will be treacherous

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Orbitz ranks Newark last in list of US airports, shocking absolutely nobody.

The fact it's also the most expensive airport to fly out of is just salt-in-the-wounds.

Just 68.41% of flights from Newark Liberty International leave on time, making it the worst performer on our list.
There were also more cancellations at EWR than any other airport, with 3.11% of flights being canceled.

15 Best and Worst Airports in the US | Flights to US | Orbitz

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'd go hunting if I didnt have to work. I've seen no studies on this, but I swear deer seem to move much more when it's snowing.
I have found the night before to be very good that is why I was out yesterday... I don't know what it is, I assume they understand the pressure system changing, but they know it's coming and they hit food sources hard. I would go if I wasn't working though.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Orbitz ranks Newark last in list of US airports, shocking absolutely nobody.

The fact it's also the most expensive airport to fly out of is just salt-in-the-wounds.

15 Best and Worst Airports in the US | Flights to US | Orbitz
I don't want to curse myself cause I have a flight coming up...but I have not had the same experience at all...two things I hear a lot of people complain about is Newark and United...and I have had good experiences with both.

I fly United almost all of the time out of Terminal C. I like the terminal a lot, United flys direct to Bozeman during the summer, direct to Key West in the winter :)

Besides a few taxying delays I've been pretty fortunate. I don't fly as much as some so maybe I have just been lucky

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Already snowing heavily in the Trenton area. I'm hoping I can get out of work a little early, but that seems unlikely. The commute home is going to be a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad