OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Thought I was going to have a nice lazy day...
Until my wife slipped on water in the kitchen and broke her wrist.

I learn a new term, FOOSH... first time ever hearing this

FOOSH is an acronym for fall on an outstretched hand.

Never heard the acronym, but that's a common snowboarding injury. Their legs are strapped in and it's a natural instinct to try to brace yourself.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Never heard the acronym, but that's a common snowboarding injury. Their legs are strapped in and it's a natural instinct to try to brace yourself.

The doctor tolded us the acronym and I immediately said that's fooshed up. My wife looked horrified until the doctor and nurse cracked up.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dark walnut was the ticket. Thanks for the suggestion!

0bYwqDZ.jpg

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Learning how to fall correctly is an incredibly underrated skill in life in general, but especially in activities like snowboarding. It literally changed the way I ride.

Sorry about your wife Jim.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Learning how to fall correctly is an incredibly underrated skill in life in general, but especially in activities like snowboarding. It literally changed the way I ride.

Sorry about your wife Jim.

saved my ankles many a time playing soccer for all those years…….if you feel like its gonna roll over just go with it and fall down and land on your body instead of trying to stay up which always places all the strain on the ankle and really leaves you in way worse shape…..and ya, dont try and stop the fall with your wrist

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Nice visit with the butcher at Bishop's this evening. Crown roast for Thanksgiving maybe.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How much do they charge for straight cut (and do they vacuum seal)?
I'm not sure of the price, I just filled out the sheet for the cuts I want tonight and I'll pay when I get it. But last year it was $85 and they don't vacuum seal. But I do when I bring it home.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
But last year it was $85 and they don't vacuum seal. But I do when I bring it home.

If you get another one and want to try a new guy, Hunterdon Deer Butcher in Pittstown does $85 for standard cut, and he vacuum seals everything with stickers (steak, backstrap, etc...) on the cuts, etc...

Reactions: Aethon

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If you get another one and want to try a new guy, Hunterdon Deer Butcher in Pittstown does $85 for standard cut, and he vacuum seals everything with stickers (steak, backstrap, etc...) on the cuts, etc...
I have been going to Bishop's for over 20 years, I'm not opposed to trying something new though.

Have you used them?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I have been going to Bishop's for over 20 years, I'm not opposed to trying something new though.

Have you used them?

If you mean H.D.B., yes, several times. I haven't used Bishops, which is ironic given I live close to there.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Anyone know when the Ark arrives? This rain bull**** is ridiculous.

What stinks is if this wet pattern occurred during January/February we'd have historic levels of snowfall. With my luck as soon as it gets <32 the east will enter a dry pattern.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
What stinks is if this wet pattern occurred during January/February we'd have historic levels of snowfall. With my luck as soon as it gets <32 the east will enter a dry pattern.
I think the wildfires out in Cali are related to El Nino, which (if I remember correctly) usually causes dry, windy conditions out there while it creates a ton of rain and snowfall out here. The worst I remember was back in... it was 94, I think. There was a major snowstorm almost every week for months.

I'm battening down the hatches for the potential of a ton of snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese