OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Cry me a river y'all, I got stuck in Cleveland for 3 days coming back from a ski trip to the Canadian Rockies due to a midwestern blizzard.

Worst location to be stuck in an airport hotel for 3 days has to be Cleveland. No place to go. Nothing to do.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Hopefully some folks heeded my am warning, this storm is overproducing big time.

I wanted to, but my work had other plans. People above me don't want to leave. I've just been sitting by my office window watching the snow keep falling. I'm expecting at least a two hour drive home and then another hour clearing my driveway.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Took a branch a quarter of an inch away from my eyeball. Have a real nice shiner brewing.

Also went a little numb in the teeth. I'd be worried but I've had that one happen before.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Cry me a river y'all, I got stuck in Cleveland for 3 days coming back from a ski trip to the Canadian Rockies due to a midwestern blizzard.

Worst location to be stuck in an airport hotel for 3 days has to be Cleveland. No place to go. Nothing to do.
Ha, the irony of leaving a ski trip only to be stuck in Cleveland due to a blizzard is rich.

Reactions: Davegarri

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I went a convention in Cleveland for a week back in like 2011, and yeah, it's not exactly teeming with excitement. Literally NOTHING was open after 9:00pm, not even the convenience store next to my hotel.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
slow burning whisky since 8am…built a shed wall and felled a dead 40' tree….…im good

got wood for the wood stove in the in the back for winter

another glorious 'work from home' day

…..shame on the commuters
Did you use a chainsaw? I say it is a good day any day you get to use a chainsaw.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
******* batty out there right now. I left work at 3pm. There was like 2 inches on the ground. People are so damn incompetent that it took me almost two and a half hours to go 5 miles. My commute is 10 miles. I gave up and went to my parents house which is about 5 miles from where I work. I have never seen so many accidents at once. My boss has been stuck on 78 for 4 hours now not moving at all.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I saw this coming a mile away and left work at 1:30.

1) Winter Storm. Check.
2) Storm way over-performs meteorologists warning. Check.
3) Road crews not prepared yet because it's the first storm. Check.
4) Nobody has their snow tires on yet. Check.
5) People habitually freak-the-hell out during winter's first snow. Check.

Recipe for disaster, and I got the hell out of there.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

1) Winter Storm. Check.
2) Story way over-performs meteorologists warning. Check.

I can't believe how incompetent people are. There was about 2 inches on the ground when I left and every road was gridlocked from accidents.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Got over 6 inches at my house. Underestimated the amount and figured oh it's only about 3 inches, I'll be good getting up my driveway. Car got stuck, just finally got it out.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

1) Winter Storm. Check.
2) Storm way over-performs meteorologists warning. Check.

Yep you called it...between you and someone else I know irl who's also a weather wonk both saying this storm was gonna be bigger than anticipated that didn't surprise me. It did surprise me how unprepared we were for it although I suppose it was inevitable given 3-5 above. Plus probably everyone was leaving work at the same time too which didn't help the gridlock.

Reactions: BenedictGomez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad