OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just spent 5&1/2 hours in a tree this afternoon. Time not well spent.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I need opinions because I suck with colors. Below is one of the panels that will be covering a new fish tank stand I'm building. I decided it was kinda boring, so I cut and fit some pieces in the shape of an "X". I think it looks kinda barn door ish, which I like. The problem is, do I stain them grey like the rest of the panel, or some other color for contrast? If another color, what? I'm terrible with this kind of thing.

Also, don't mind the mess. I know it's there. Try not to judge me too harshly...

YJDvkYI.jpg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I need opinions because I suck with colors. Below is one of the panels that will be covering a new fish tank stand I'm building. I decided it was kinda boring, so I cut and fit some pieces in the shape of an "X". I think it looks kinda barn door ish, which I like. The problem is, do I stain them grey like the rest of the panel, or some other color for contrast? If another color, what? I'm terrible with this kind of thing.

Red usually goes good with grey, a dark walnut or black stain would look cool too,

red.jpg black.jpg

Reactions: Bleedred

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Also, don't mind the mess. I know it's there. Try not to judge me too harshly...

YJDvkYI.jpg
Consider other colors in the room. Especially if you have other stained wood.

Grey itself is pretty versatile.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

YJDvkYI.jpg

is that a binford 6100 lawnmower?

Reactions: tr83

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think I'm really liking JK3's idea of a dark walnut. I stained them all the same color and they kinda lose their depth and fade into the rest of the panel.

Reactions: JK3

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think I'm really liking JK3's idea of a dark walnut. I stained them all the same color and they kinda lose their depth and fade into the rest of the panel.

I made 4 chalkboards for my wedding and stained them all in Rustoleum American Walnut (3 coats) and it came out beautiful.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
A nice relaxing day off today. Think I'm going to sit by a fire all day today.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

YJDvkYI.jpg

Stain the x's are a really dark color, that would look nice

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have the exact opposite

it's the busiest time of year.

Think I'm going to set myself on fire today

Likewise. Audit coming up on Tuesday has everyone pretty high strung right now. Working a lot of hours in preparation.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Thought I was going to have a nice lazy day...
Until my wife slipped on water in the kitchen and broke her wrist.

I learn a new term, FOOSH... first time ever hearing this

FOOSH
is an acronym for fall on an outstretched hand.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Thought I was going to have a nice lazy day...
Until my wife slipped on water in the kitchen and broke her wrist.

I learn a new term, FOOSH... first time ever hearing this

FOOSH
is an acronym for fall on an outstretched hand.

that sucks, sorry to hear that...also foosh sounds like one of those wacky advanced statistics. as in, your wife’s foosh/60 is off the charts

Reactions: Aethon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad