OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What happened?
Sounds like the weather really caused a lot of problems yesterday up there. My friend back home said it took him hours to get from Union to Cliffside Park. He texted me that he was in Newark around the start of last night’s game. He was still in Newark in traffic after 10:00 PM and sent me pictures. The roads were apparently a mess and a lot of them were closed or just jam packed.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Sounds like the weather really caused a lot of problems yesterday up there. My friend back home said it took him hours to get from Union to Cliffside Park. He texted me that he was in Newark around the start of last night’s game. He was still in Newark in traffic after 10:00 PM and sent me pictures. The roads were apparently a mess and a lot of them were closed or just jam packed.

I refer you to BG's post a few back for a succinct explanation...basically nobody was prepared for a several-inch storm last night and it caused all sorts of problems because nobody was prepared. A ton of people I know posted on Facebook they had 3-3.5 hour commutes at least.

Yikes. The kid in me wants snow for sledding and skiing but the adult in me loves the fact that it’s cold right now at 57 degrees but will be 72 in a few hours. I don it miss driving in the snow and I no longer get snow days so I will pass.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yikes. The kid in me wants snow for sledding and skiing but the adult in me loves the fact that it’s cold right now at 57 degrees but will be 72 in a few hours. I don it miss driving in the snow and I no longer get snow days so I will pass.
It’s 55 here and was 52 when I left for work. I had to put my heat on. I hate anything under about 55 degrees and almost anything under 60 during the daytime annoys me haha. And everywhere I’ve looked this morning, there either people in huge coats because it’s probably been 8 months since it was this cold, or they’re still dressed like it’s gonna be 80 degrees today and look like they’re shivering.:laugh:

I don’t miss the snow at all. The high is 65 today, but fortunately it will be back into the 70’s again after that. That’s real comfortable, as it’s warm, but warm enough where the humidity is killer.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is why you need to have bottles of wine stored and fire wood stacked.

First hint of inclement weather, remove cork and build fire. Make a nice warm meal, and watch the weather happen.

My advice for the day.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It’s 55 here and was 52 when I left for work. I had to put my heat on. I hate anything under about 55 degrees and almost anything under 60 during the daytime annoys me haha. And everywhere I’ve looked this morning, there either people in huge coats because it’s probably been 8 months since it was this cold, or they’re still dressed like it’s gonna be 80 degrees today and look like they’re shivering.:laugh:

I don’t miss the snow at all. The high is 65 today, but fortunately it will be back into the 70’s again after that. That’s real comfortable, as it’s warm, but warm enough where the humidity is killer.

Damn, apparently me being 60 minutes south of you, I get an extra 5 degrees warmer today :laugh:

First hint of inclement weather, remove cork and build fire. Make a nice warm meal, and watch the weather happen.

My advice for the day.

It will be in the high 40s tonight here. My plan is to have the kids in long sleeve pajamas, put on a Christmas themed show or movie and to make some hot cocoa. Is it sad or endearing that I’m really looking forward to this? My son has never seen weather this cold.

Reactions: Aethon and Bleedred

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I love those days/evenings.

Just another reason I'd like to move to the mountains some day, to have more of those.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Easy now. 6 inches is starting to get to substantial... I guess it depends on how wet it is... because when it's wet it's real heavy. 6 wet heavy inches is tough to move around.
Someone on here once said to me "I sets em up, you knocks em down".

That seems applicable here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damn, apparently me being 60 minutes south of you, I get an extra 5 degrees warmer today :laugh:

It will be in the high 40s tonight here. My plan is to have the kids in long sleeve pajamas, put on a Christmas themed show or movie and to make some hot cocoa. Is it sad or endearing that I’m really looking forward to this? My son has never seen weather this cold.
I think I average 2-3 freezing nights per year or something like that. So it’s been quite a bit colder than this. But there are some years it doesn’t freeze at all. I think we didn’t freeze at all the last two years, if I’m not mistaken. We usually don’t get one until late December or even January when we do.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The first real dump was Dec 15th-16th last year. But I've definitely been snowboarding as early as the 2nd week in November before.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think I average 2-3 freezing nights per year or something like that.

Even then, you dont really "experience" it, because it's only < 32 from something like 2am to 5am.

The first real dump was Dec 15th-16th last year. But I've definitely been snowboarding as early as the 2nd week in November before.

At Killington or Sunday River, or out west?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just went to the grocery store and it was a mad house like some kind of
natrual disaster was going on.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

murphy ****ed up bad on this
one. sudden turn for the worst w the snow? everyone knew about this

Bonus points for totally throwing meteorologists under the bus.

I'm not sure how being totally unprepared this year for winter is to be blamed on professional meterologists. Was he assuming winter would never come? lol

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Bonus points for totally throwing meteorologists under the bus.

+1, I'm not sure how being totally unprepared this year for winter is to be blamed on professional meterologists. Was he assuming winter would never come? lol
this is what happens when you elect someone who isn't even FROM NJ.

he's from massachussetts though, so you'd think he'd be familiar w the concept of bad snowstorms. everyone knew this storm was coming, meteorologists didn't change shit

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
this is what happens when you elect someone who isn't even FROM NJ.

he's from massachussetts though, so you'd think he'd be familiar w the concept of bad snowstorms. everyone knew this storm was coming, meteorologists didn't change ****
Boston never cleaned their roads when I was living there.

Edit but I didn't have a car most of the time I lived there so I didn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad