OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Saw a herd of deer just chilling on a traffic island on the off ramp from Route 3 in Secaucus near the Best Buy.

I have no idea how they got there, never mind so many. I also saw a mother and child in North Bergen around 61st Street. Again no idea how they got there without walking down some busy highways

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saw a herd of deer just chilling on a traffic island on the off ramp from Route 3 in Secaucus near the Best Buy.

I have no idea how they got there, never mind so many. I also saw a mother and child in North Bergen around 61st Street. Again no idea how they got there without walking down some busy highways
61st street over by the highrise? Or just like in the middle of town? There's some woods over by the high rise on 61st street, but I don't recall seeing many deer all the way up there. I have seen a few over by West Side Ave down by the woods and the train tracks before. It was usually pretty rare to see them though.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How was baconfest? I was just over the river in Pburg to watch the high school game and was gonna go to Baconfest beforehand.

Always a good time. This was my 3rd time, and I eat like a pig (pun may or may not be intended), drink a ton, and generally have a great time. It ends at 6pm, but then everybody goes to the bars.

It's funny, when I was growing up both Easton and Bethlehem were *********, but they're both pretty nice now.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Always a good time. This was my 3rd time, and I eat like a pig (pun may or may not be intended), drink a ton, and generally have a great time. It ends at 6pm, but then everybody goes to the bars.

It's funny, when I was growing up both Easton and Bethlehem were *********, but they're both pretty nice now.

Yep, Allentown is coming back too. The whole Lehigh Valley is reviving at the moment

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

I got pretty drunk yesterday at Baconfest, but my Saturday wasn't as drunk as this guy's Saturday.

Kentucky man arrested after trying to ride a horse onto the track during Breeders’ Cup
I once got drunk enough to try and lasso a doe with my belt on fire island.

I have no idea how the deer got there and no police were involved.

I also enjoy bacon.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I once got drunk enough to try and lasso a doe with my belt on fire island.

I have no idea how the deer got there and no police were involved.

I also enjoy bacon.
While camping on a lake i once got drunk enough that i was convinced the screams i was hearing on the other side of the lake was from a woman's camp. Only to find out it was a kids camp. I quickly turned the boat around, and paddled back sad. Don't drink while underage.

Reactions: Davegarri

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
While camping on a lake i once got drunk enough that i was convinced the screams i was hearing on the other side of the lake was from a woman's camp. Only to find out it was a kids camp. I quickly turned the boat around, and paddled back sad. Don't drink while underage.

Heard screams that he thinks are women...

*Goes to find them...

Just kids screaming...

*leaves...

Lmao

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
your blood sugar must've been so high, did you feel your heart start pounding for the delicious levels of trans fat?

I consumed:

1/2 pound burger with applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, and maple/bacon jam
Bacon Man N' Cheese
Maple bacon cupcake
Bacon-on-a-stick
A few oysters (no idea why)
Tons of beer

I probably gained 3 pounds from 1 day.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I consumed:

1/2 pound burger with applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, and maple/bacon jam
Bacon Man N' Cheese
Maple bacon cupcake
Bacon-on-a-stick
A few oysters (no idea why)
Tons of beer

I probably gained 3 pounds from 1 day.

Yeahhhhh I'm definititely going next year unless my former players are in the state playoffs again that day

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Today marks 20 years since Bobby Boucher led the Mud Dogs to a 30-27 comeback victory over the Cougars in the Bourbon Bowl

Time flies, man

Reactions: BenedictGomez

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Anyone here collect watches?
A while ago I got into a silly little Seiko diver kick. Nothing serious I had a few, that's it. Still wear a Seiko turtle SRP777 a lot, especially fishing. But by no means would I call myself a collector.

Just the Apocalypse Now watch shape and style interested me. Mainly cause it was so distinct looking...most divers look like a Rolex Oyster copy but the Seiko didn't look like it was trying to be something it wasn't. So I admired it.

Google Image Result for https://cdn.gearpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/seiko-6105-gear-patrol-3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad