The "Tanking" And/Or Other Roster Moves Discussion Thread

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We do not have a “stream of young players” in Cleveland to head south. There r 2 maybe 3 at the most that could possibly have an impact in Columbus.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Here is the truth of everything. Players that are good suck when they get here and players that suck here are good when they go other places. I believe this item to be true 90% of the time.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

lol, the response was about what I thought it would be. I don't know what to make of the idea. Obviously Nashville would have to deal with the next contract. I'm not really sure Nashville is getting 8 million per year in value out of him. I have no idea if this really meets a need and if Nashville has the depth (haven't bothered to look). However the CBJ loves contracts for players that don't produce to their contracts.

I don't want the CBJ to extend Savard, so I'm ok with it. We'd have to give up more than just Savard me thinks.

On the surface it looks like there aren't enough minutes to go around down there in Nashville.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Kovalchuk put on unconditional waivers - likely an unpopular opinion, but think the CBJ should throw a contract at him for the remainder of this season? See if he proves himself?
I think he could help.....what else have they got to lose at this point?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Just out of curiosity, what would it cost to get Jones to Colorado?

To Col:
S. Jones

To CBJ:
2020 first
2021 second
Jost
Newhook
Timmins
E. Johnson

Does that get it even close? Not trying to offend anyone, obviously Jones is a complete stud, so please provide a bit of feedback if this is way off.

Thanks all and happy holidays!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

To Col:
S. Jones

To CBJ:
2020 first
2021 second
Jost
Newhook
Timmins
E. Johnson

Does that get it even close? Not trying to offend anyone, obviously Jones is a complete stud, so please provide a bit of feedback if this is way off.

MacKinnon or go home.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Kovalchuk put on unconditional waivers - likely an unpopular opinion, but think the CBJ should throw a contract at him for the remainder of this season? See if he proves himself?
I think he could help.....what else have they got to lose at this point?
If it’s under $1m, I don’t think it can hurt, we literally have no forwards, at least with Kovy we have a shooter on PP

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Turris over RyJo. I could not stand RyJo and Pooh on the same team. That would just be too much for me.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Bring back Dubinsky and Boomer...

Get some LIFE back into the organization...

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

To Col:
S. Jones

To CBJ:
2020 first
2021 second
Jost
Newhook
Timmins
E. Johnson

Columbus probably should rebuild, but likely won't. If so then something like:

To Colorado:

S Jones

To Columbus:
2020 1st
2020 2nd
Newhook
2021 1st

I'm not sure Columbus would take that package. There is no interest in Johnson or Jost. If you want them to take them for cap reasons keep adding a few young high quality assets.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I, for one, am glad that the Jackets aren't seemingly stuck in the gooey middle of the league and becoming mired in mediocrity.

My main - and perhaps only - concern with this season going as poorly as it has is the effect it will have on Jones, Werenski, and Dubois and their decision whether or not to stay in Columbus long term.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the improvements I have seen from Gavrikov, Bjorkstrand, and Texier. Bemstrom has been ok but I think he is the type of player who will suddenly breakthrough (if he ever does) rather than improve gradually.

I maintain that Korpisalo's play could be better but it isn't the most glaring issue.

I also am confident that Atkinson and Dubois can rebound if given another highly dynamic linemate who can create space and opportunity for them.

Keep the defense, keep Korpisalo or get someone who Jarmo feels is more reliable in free agency, work with the rookies, keep Werenski, Jones, and Dubois committed, and get the best player you can in the draft (who will hopefully be able to carry a line in 2-3 years).

Last edited:

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

To Colorado:

S Jones

To Columbus:
2020 1st
2020 2nd
Newhook
2021 1st

I'm not sure Columbus would take that package. There is no interest in Johnson or Jost. If you want them to take them for cap reasons keep adding a few young high quality assets.

I mean I'd do that in a heart beat, heck I'd even add to it. I doubt many other CBJ fans have the same view point as you though.

Reactions: Viqsi

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

To Colorado:

S Jones

To Columbus:
2020 1st
2020 2nd
Newhook
2021 1st

So we’re trading our proven franchise defense man for a bunch of picks that might be late due to Colorado’s performance ?
Horrific proposal.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

To Colorado:

S Jones

To Columbus:
2020 1st
2020 2nd
Newhook
2021 1st

Goodness, we’ve gone mad.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ahh classic misunderstanding. So anything short of MacKinnon is a no go eh?
Pretty much. Usually the reply is "the answer is always no", but personally I'd at least consider MacKinnon. Of course, if the Avs actually considered moving him - even for someone like Jones - I don't think all the Cup memories in the world would save Sakic. ;)

* * *​
Turris over RyJo. I could not stand RyJo and Pooh on the same team. That would just be too much for me.
I'm not sure how we could make a Turris offer work for both sides; otherwise, I'd have pursued that. Sure as heck I wouldn't trade Savard straight up for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad