The Tank is Love. All Hail the Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If we were going to win any of these games I'm glad it was this one. F the Leafs.

Win - Win situation tonight. Win & we beat the Laffs, lose & its a W for the tank.

Anyways, alot of 'easier' opponents down the stretch. LA, Anaheim, NYR, NJ, Chicago, Edmonton, exc. Could be a repeat of last year. Not good for team tank.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Are you sure you want to derail this thread into a discussion about economics? The data don't support your claims, FYI. Being wealthy is largely the result of being born rich, rather than some sort of undefinable mastery of all things economic.

But let's get back on track. This thread is about the Tank.
Ok the business side of hockey gets in the way of my hockey fantasies too.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Vancouver should trade their 2022, 2023 and 2024 first round picks, for a bottom 12 team's 2019 & 2020 picks.

If it works in NHL19, why not IRL?? ;)

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
In the last 3 seasons we’ve finished 3rd, 2nd and 6th to last... all 3 of those seasons we’ve dropped spots in the draft lottery. So no sense getting upset over wins down the last stretch of season. Truth be told, lottery draft luck isn’t on our side. We could finish dead last and end up with 4th pick overall. Regardless we should be getting a real good top 10 pick this season.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
In the last 3 seasons we’ve finished 3rd, 2nd and 6th to last... all 3 of those seasons we’ve dropped spots in the draft lottery. So no sense getting upset over wins down the last stretch of season. Truth be told, lottery draft luck isn’t on our side. We could finish dead last and end up with 4th pick overall. Regardless we should be getting a real good top 10 pick this season.

That’s not how odds work.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

I think it's also to minimize the number of spots that we can drop down from the lottery.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
We won’t be dropping any further than 4-5 to last this season. And I get we can only drop 3 spots (so anything less than that is a bonus). I am just being realistic. My hopes ain’t high. You can dream and hope though. I ain’t stopping you.

My expectations are at an all-time low...

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

That is not how odds / math works.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad