The Tank is Love. All Hail the Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Oh no it's just that I said something about the team and you denied it and explained to everyone what it's like to be a billionaire or whatever. Just wanted to confirm whether or not you're a billionaire as it seemed like you were quite the expert on billionaires. Sorry if I offended you, wasn't trying to attack you for having a little bank balance or anything!
Are you the bank balance police or still cruising hf boards for you new man

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
All right let’s look at it logically then: we have payed Louis eriksson 23 million to deliver us the playoffs over an replacement level player at 1 million per year for 3 years. Explain to me using your big business sense

how loui eriksson is worth 20 million more over the last 3 years.

Oh playoff revenue is your reasoning well the gate revenue per home playoff game is roughly 2 million and that’s being generous so even if things worked out for the last 3 years and loui helped this team into the playoffs for a first round sweep that’s an extra 6 million.

So on just the loui eriksson contract how does the team recouperate the 14 million spent out?

Then let’s add in the franchise value from 2018 the canucks were at 735 million

Forbes Releases 20th Annual List of NHL Team Valuations

While in 2015 the team was valued at 745 million. 2015 was the year benning took over

6. Vancouver Canucks

Based on just inflation the value of the team should have gone up to 800 million as the annual rate of inflation has been 1.82%

So based on just these two number show your math that benning is good on the business side. As I can see it benning has cost aqua man 69 million in value since taking over based on the value of the franchise and the loui eriksson contract.

But please show me how he’s increased the value of it

Also they aren’t heroes of mine; they are entertainment; my heroes don’t play sports for a living or if they do they are much more than just a hockey player - stop using that condescending line
Aquaman does whatever he wants to do with his money and you and me have got nothing to say that aquaman is listening to.
Whether hes happy or unhappy about jb is his business or do you think hes cares what you think.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Sounds like a great way to erode trust in the brand long term.
There is no long term trust if the team is playing well then fans are lining up to buy tickets in hockey mad vancouver and if not the rink is 70% full.
Do you think the years of owner Ballard in Toronto had a long term effect or is the truth even while he was running the team into the ground maple leaf gardens was still seing out every game and still does whether they win or not.
Thats how hockey is in hockey mad canada, people pay and theres no such thing as the long term effect as you think.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Oh no it's just that I said something about the team and you denied it and explained to everyone what it's like to be a billionaire or whatever. Just wanted to confirm whether or not you're a billionaire as it seemed like you were quite the expert on billionaires. Sorry if I offended you, wasn't trying to attack you for having a little bank balance or anything!
So youve deduced that i have a small bank account so your no longer interested then off with you and go look for your new billionaire man elsewhere golddigger

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Uhmmm.....it’s social media. What right do you have to question anyone else?
I have a right to express my opinion just like you just did but i dont go around asking for credentials or query their bank account amount.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Well, you know how to post messages on an online bulletin board, apparently you're qualified. You can't have it both ways here.

Oh, and fyi, you can quote multiple messages in the same post.
And your problem is?
You just posted and said nothing.
But if thats your opinion then so be it

Reactions: Jimbo57

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
I find that questioning someone about their bank accont is inappropriate so i respond to it appropriately.
In my experience the only people who ask about other peoples bank acount on social media are golddiggers so unless you'd like to get on your knees and plead your case about how you are capable of expertly relieving a man's bank account of a big motherload then this inappropriate line of questioning is over.
Good day sir

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
So it’s not about making money then right? It’s a toy for him to be happy
Possessions make a person happy, not in my experience.
Life experiences make you happy not toys.
Rich people like to make money I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that .
Aquaman does whatever he wants to do with his money.
If you want to believe its just a toy to blow money on then ok youre entitled to believe that

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
So youve deduced that i have a small bank account so your no longer interested then off with you and go look for your new billionaire man elsewhere golddigger

What gives you the right to ask anyone for credentials on social media .

I find that questioning someone about their bank accont is inappropriate so i respond to it appropriately.
In my experience the only people who ask about other peoples bank acount on social media are golddiggers so unless you'd like to get on your knees and plead your case about how you are capable of expertly relieving a man's bank account of a big motherload then this inappropriate line of questioning is over.
Good day sir

"Pilots only care about so and so"

oh are you a pilot?

"why are you so interested in pilots? Who gives you the right?"

It was an innocent question, sorry if I embarrassed you. Bank accounts come in all shapes and sizes and nobody here thinks of you any differently regardless of the zeros in your account =]

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
8JzoT6C.png

zwRPiwQ.png

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
So it’s not about making money then right? It’s a toy for him to be happy
I think an example of an owner treating the team as a toy could be Buffalo.
They built for over a decade then a few years ago sold their assets off for futures and in a small market icing an ahl team of sorts is gonna clear out the arena pretty fast but the owner seemed okay with the full rebuild and dismal attendence and that to me would be an owner who treats his team like a toy.
I don't think we had a tirefire sale that I can remember and now were chasing a playoff spot.
I'm not sure if I see it as a toy but maybe everyones free to make up their own minds cheers.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!....Didn't realize that the Rangers and Panthers are in full-on 'tank mode'....six losses each and counting....Impressive.

If perverse Canuck logic holds true, they'll win their share of games with an 11-game home-heavy schedule and slip down the draft board--bypassing laggards like Chicago, NY Rangers and Florida.

Sometimes I just hate following this team.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think an example of an owner treating the team as a toy could be Buffalo.
They built for over a decade then a few years ago sold their assets off for futures and in a small market icing an ahl team of sorts is gonna clear out the arena pretty fast but the owner seemed okay with the full rebuild and dismal attendence and that to me would be an owner who treats his team like a toy.
I don't think we had a tirefire sale that I can remember and now were chasing a playoff spot.
I'm not sure if I see it as a toy but maybe everyones free to make up their own minds cheers.

Playoff...

That's Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad