The Tank is Love. All Hail the Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I've lost hope that Benning gets fired this season or offseason after that win.

Gonna take at least another season.

Just so depressing.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Aaaah whatever it was the Leafs I'm disappointed we added 2 points against the tank but worth it that Leafs fans freaking out. Never watched but I guess Jim Hughson gave it to the Leafs enough to piss their fans off.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Aaaah whatever it was the Leafs I'm disappointed we added 2 points against the tank but worth it that Leafs fans freaking out. Never watched but I guess Jim Hughson gave it to the Leafs enough to piss their fans off.
It's not worth it at all. Who cares if they're pissed off, really. They have a young forward thinking GM, a world class coach, great young players mixed with phenomenal vets and a real shot at going far this season.

Meanwhile, we're stuck in this bottomless pit of mediocrity at best with no end in sight for this regime.

'Moral victories' are not worth it when your organization is suffering.

Reactions: Jack Burton

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I was really pissed because Canucks need crucial losses right now. But then realized that it is kind of nice to beat the Leafs. Their fans are easily the worst in the league and think they are so good, yet they lose to the Canucks with four AHL defenceman.

Living in Southern Ontario and listening to Leafs fans is so painful. Can't wait to go to hockey tomorrow night and just laugh at them at how bad some of their players are.

So once I got over the initial disappointment I realized this is one of the wins I can get on board with. Suck it Leafs

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
It's not worth it at all. Who cares if they're pissed off, really. They have a young forward thinking GM, a world class coach, great young players mixed with phenomenal vets and a real shot at going far this season.

Meanwhile, we're stuck in this bottomless pit of mediocrity at best with no end in sight for this regime.

'Moral victories' are not worth it when your organization is suffering.
I'm taking the silver lining here I'm fully aboard Team Tank.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Basing a decision whether to save your franchise entirely on the outcome of an individual regular season overtime game is so dumb that it's exactly what I expect Aquilini to do.
It is. That's why I'm saying it's so important. Aquilini has always reacted to negative press from fans, and a loss against Toronto following a terrible loss against Las Vegas would have increased the fan pressure against his organization.

This was a huge symbolic game for the tank, and losing this badly was the only shot imo to have Benning fired this season.

Loui Eriksson and Leivo score, two Benning acquisitions, and he's sitting comfortably right now once again.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Just have to hope we get lucky in the lottery and move up....
I honestly hope we DON'T win the lottery as long as it means it reflects well on Benning.

Getting rid of him is the #1 priority. Nothing else matters.

I will trade Jack Hughes/Kakko for an increased shot at him being fired within the next 2 years.

He has been rewarded enough for failure.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
giphy.gif

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I honestly hope we DON'T win the lottery as long as it means it reflects well on Benning.

Getting rid of him is the #1 priority. Nothing else matters.

I will trade Jack Hughes/Kakko for an increased shot at him being fired within the next 2 years.

He has been rewarded enough for failure.
As far as I'm concerned Benning should not be at the draft or doing any UFA or trades next season..he should have been let go long ago..

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
can't lose them all. 2 losses 1 win, 2 losses 1 win. that'll get us to 6th I hope, I can't see us doing much better than that. Currently in a tie for 7-8-9.

Yep. It was worth it to have the TML fanbase all up in arms. I really don't think tonights win is going to change our fortunes for the season. I still see us in the 6th spot with hopefully a lotto win.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
As far as I'm concerned Benning should not be at the draft or doing any UFA or trades next season..he should have been let go long ago..
I've followed this team for 25 years. I've wanted nothing more but to win the lottery for the large majority of those 25 years.

I would trade it for ridding this organisation of this regime.

I'm so sick of this ****. I foresee a similar era to the pre-Lamoriello/Dubas Leafs era for the Canucks as long as he stays in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad