The Tank is Love. All Hail the Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
If the owners only wanted to make cash I'd imagine that they wouldn't allow spending to and near the cap all to finish bottom 5 year after year. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Benning is NOT a competent executive in control of a business worth nearly a billion. That he isn't some crafty guy fooling people into buying a flawed product. That perhaps, just perhaps, he is simply incompetent and has been protected thus far by a casual fan base that gets distracted by shiny things and ownership who only takes to heart the things they already decided they wanted to hear.

But the shine is wearing off and people are starting to see the team for what it is.

And ownership are finding it tough to find people to tell them what they want to hear.

I've sometimes wondered if Aqualini uses spending to the cap for tax purposes. It would be a great business expense... How can the taxman argue against the likes of Eriksson (and all players) being worth their contracts? How can his ex-wife's lawyer?

Last edited:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
"They need an army"

B.....P......A....

Exactly and you see how high Cozens and Dach have been ranked as most mock drafts have them going 3rd and 4th overall so of either one is there at #6 or #7 where we are projected to draft right now it’s an easy selection

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Looking for a massive blowout tonight vs TO.

6, 8, 10 or 12 goals against would be awesome!

really want this Tank to keep rolling and the casual fans continue to lose their sh*t on Benning :)

Let's go!

Reactions: clunk

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

really want this Tank to keep rolling and the casual fans continue to lose their sh*t on Benning :)

Let's go!
8-6 Leafs please EP needs a big game been awhile plus Canada watching let them see him light it up please.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leafs tend to play it a lot looser...And Eastern opponents are often less reluctant to trade goals with teams from the West.......Canucks coming off a shutout.....a few goals would be nice. I'd settle for a high-scoring 'loss' with Pettersson and Boeser breaking out of their slumps.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Let's go!

Next Game. I hate the Leafs. Pettersson Hatrick. 7-2 Canucks!

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Oh it just seemed you knew a lot about business and being wealthy... I thought maybe I was talking to someone who knew what he was talking about, how disappointing!
Im telling you if you're on these boards taking to the riffraff then you're not likely super rich.
Do you often cruise hf boards wanting to smooze up a billionaire

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
As I said recently, I don’t actively cheer against the team in games – it’s not in me – even while recognizing that the league absolutely icentivizes tanking and it is best for a team’s long-term chances.

That said, they really need to lose badly tonight. They need to. The owner is too obstinate to study a clear 5-year track record of incompetence, but he pays attention to individual moments of embarrassment (such as equally thick fans chanting to fire a good GM).

This game is as high-profile as it gets this season. There is finally some momentum. This needs to be an embarrassment. Sorry Marky, sorry Elias, but it’s only one game and this owner doesn’t understand sample sizes.

Selfishly, also hoping it sets the table for this week’s BoE 100th episode giveaway:

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
We need BPA regardless of position. Exhibit A: Passing Tkachuk for Juolevi.
I agree with taking BPA but I think the Canucks would still suck if we picked Tkachuk and Nylander over JV and Juolevi.

The defence really orchestrate the offence in today’s nhl. Need good forwards, yes, but also need good puck moving D to get them the puck.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I agree with taking BPA but I think the Canucks would still suck if we picked Tkachuk and Nylander over JV and Juolevi.

The defence really orchestrate the offence in today’s nhl. Need good forwards, yes, but also need good puck moving D to get them the puck.

There are way better forwards in the top 10 of this draft. Would not draft any defenceman in the top 10 other than Byrum.

As of right now this team has one top 6 winger.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Tonight is a must lose game.

A lot of #firebenning momentum was generated by the Vegas stinker. A loss tonight will keep that going.

Must lose. Must tank.

#JimboMustGo
#FireBenning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad