Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Pens Lead Series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Anthony Bitetto sounds like the name of a guy I went to high school with that drove a teal IROC and did coke in the bathroom between classes.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
They have to split up their pairs now. Crosby was ready beating up on Ellis and Josi..there's no way they can put one of Weber or Irwin with Josi to go up against him.

So either its Subban-Josi against Crosby .
..or if they decide to keep Subban and Ekholm together they will face our top line all night and Josi-Irwin/Weber will be against 2nd line. If Ellis doesnt go.

Huge loss even if he does play. And the pens better take advantage of it. We've had enough injuries of our own. Losing Bones was big. But thus is the first time the preds will be playing without their top 4(or at Least a healthy top 4 if Ellis is in).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It doesn't matter if Ellis is going to play, because he's useless if he can't pass the puck well or shoot and you can guarantee it that the Penguins are going to hit him at every opportunity they have.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, I would be sure that Ellis's ribs and the boards become intimately acquainted every chance you get. Even take a boarding call.

Absolutely. Acquaint him with some of the very cross checks he's given out this series.

And injury like that to a guy like him...you have to send Rowney after him real early in the game.

That should be noted for every player. Each line has a hitter. Kunitz, Wilson, Rowney, Horny should all be on the watch for opportunities.

Mother of god. I have no idea how to take any of that. One thing it doesn't account for is the World Cup which saw several Penguins. Impressive. Bet they're looking forward to summer.

Ellis without a shot is almost worthless. He and Josi have been almost as bad 5v5 as that third pairing that everyone is trying to protect.

d69a42c2e09f11ff63ee7849d6ff0cf5

https://sports.yahoo.com/penguins-c...iring-weakness-trending-topics-140807735.html

If both Ellis makes up for it by running some offense through him, and can no longer do that, and his injury hobbles his defensive play to boot, yeah, keep him out there, please.

When you go against as much depth as the Penguins have and you have Rinne who at times couldn't stop a beachball...that'll happen. One thing I've noted is that after their big 4, they have zilch. That's it. It's them and them only. Their depth after that 4 is non-existent. They make Hainsey look top-4-ish. I can't for one second think that they don't put in Ellis. Even at 50%, he's better than their #7. it's like us putting Cole or Schultz in at 50% over someone like Gaunce. So I believe unless it's significant, he will play. His effectiveness may be down which is something but good news for us.

With that, my concern is if he can't move all that well, he will resort to more dirty obstruction. Like more than he has been. I'm expecting a lot of cross checks and slashes from him tonight.

"Alright boys, here's my secret; Ignore physicality and defensive responsibility 99.9% of the time." :laugh:

it would be a lot more funny if it wasn't do true.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
It doesn't matter if Ellis is going to play, because he's useless if he can't pass the puck well or shoot and you can guarantee it that the Penguins are going to hit him at every opportunity they have.

I don't think passing the puck will be nearly the issue shooting will. That said, we still need to hammer him every chance we get.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hopefully this continues to motivate Hornqvist ...

I feel like those two don't dislike each other, since both were teammates in the past and played for Sweden together. I don't think Ekholm was saying that to **** on Hornqvist, he was just saying that it isn't worth it to fight Hornqvist when he's in a top pair role and Hornqvist is on the 4th line.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I feel like those two don't dislike each other, since both were teammates in the past and played for Sweden together. I don't think Ekholm was saying that to **** on Hornqvist, he was just saying that it isn't worth it to fight Hornqvist when he's in a top pair role and Hornqvist is on the 4th line.

I'm less interested in Ekholm's intent than I am in Hornqvist's reaction, TBH. I'm hoping anything and everything the Preds do/say will only add more steel to Pens' resolve.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Nah, I give him a pass on this one. He is absolutely right. Imagine if one of Nahsville's fourth liners wanted to fight with Crosby to take him out of the game for five minutes. It would be dumb for him to say yes.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
It rather goes

EK: Why should I go with you?
PH: Why not?
EK: Because you're on the forth line
PH: Yea
EK: Not saying it to be mean, but why should I?
PH: No, you're just being honest
EK: But it is like that
PH: Yes!

Great talk Sweden.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
It's getting old hearing pens are lucky to be here and the only reason is because the goalies have meltdowns. Ok sure, every single elite goaltender pens play just happen to have their worst goaltending in the playoffs only when the pens play them, and only because the refs helped.

Pens are lucky
*insert whatever excuse so I can sleep* lol

I just assume that anyone who would say something like that is a total moron. The Pens are the defending champs and finished 2nd in the NHL this season despite injuries that would have crippled other teams. If people are that biased that they can't even acknowledge that the Pens deserve to be where they are, they're not worth worrying about.

People will still call him lazy, though.

Anthony Bitetto sounds like the name of a guy I went to high school with that drove a teal IROC and did coke in the bathroom between classes.

He travels in a thick cloud of Drakkar Noir.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This is how Ellis looked:

Looked like he hit a few marshmallows around and then spoke to the trainer and left the ice.

Last edited:

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I have good feelings about tonight's game. A little nervous but still feel good. The fact that they've been through this before, sans the few newbies, should be the difference regardless of the crowd.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I hate this stuff. There's no reason Eckholm would fight Horny. None. Doesn't make him a coward :laugh:

:laugh:

No, it makes him a *****. Him being the coward is his antics after every single hit he takes, while playing the style of play he plays.

rho

May 30, 2011

But that just makes it an even worse insult. He wasn't saying something exaggerated to get a rise out of him, he was saying something he thought was the truth and that just happened to be insulting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese