Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Pens Lead Series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Idk all, as much as I want to see them win the cup tonight, 3 days of DK and Ron Cook telling everyone how Fleury should start Game 7 does sound pretty awesome.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I am still trying to figure out why Geno's ATOI is 16:27 in the finals. 8 guys ahead of him on the team. Hopefully he's conserved enough extra energy to use in Game 6 and 7 if needed.

Not sure. He always is quite low in first periods. I'd assume the guys ahead of him are all the D men and Sid. They've all be played closer to 20 mins each because of Letang out and the way the pairings are constructed.

Maybe they thought everyone's ice time needs to be managed because of fatigue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I am still trying to figure out why Geno's ATOI is 16:27 in the finals. 8 guys ahead of him on the team. Hopefully he's conserved enough extra energy to use in Game 6 and 7 if needed.

I wonder if he's still got a nagging injury. Remember, he was out for weeks before suddenly returning for game 1 of the Columbus series.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Rinne is 5-5 in elimination games (chances where the Predators can be eliminated) with exactly a .900 save% and a 2.84 GAA. Rinne has won a series when being down 3-2 before (last year against Anaheim), but he has lost 4 others (2010 against Chicago, 2011 against Vancouver, 2015 against Chicago, last year against San Jose). In those 4 series, he lost game 6 3 times and lost in game 7 once (San Jose last year), he even got pulled in game 7 after giving up 5 goals on 26 shots. I'm feeling good about the Penguins chances tonight.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Refs, injuries, opposition playing bad but none of it is the Penguins playing well. We are just on an unsustainable streak :laugh:

Sully is 7-0 in series results and is 30-17 (incl 5 OT losses). In terms of stretching that over a season it would be a 110 point year. **** we're good. :)

Don't care what anyone says about this run( other than if being fun to read of course).

We already had no margin for error entering the playoffs without Letang. No injuries vs the Jackets and we win 4-1. All is well.

Up 3-1 against Caps...all is well. Then Crosby and Sheary get concussions and we lose the next 2. And looked bad in those game. Yet dominated game 7 .

Start the Sens series with 3 serious injuries...Hornqvist, Schultz, and Rust. End up going down 2-1 because of it. That could have ended us. And likely would have ended most teams. But we will found a way. Won the next 2 and should have won game 6 as well(goal called back, 5 on 3 for them but whatever). Come out in game 7...Kunitz scores in double OT. Found a way again.

This series, our defense is barely hanging on(half of them hurt, all are worn down never playing this many minutes and having this much responsibility) ...get outshot the first two games but still win. Blow our 2-0 lead( Bones goes down.. Another big loss) . yet respond with a blowout in game 5 after things looking pretty bad. Who would have expected our defense to respond like that after the two previous games?

so some can call it luck..I see it a different way. Had so many injuries that almost ended our season but still found a way. Resilient.

With how everything has played out so far, we should be expecting a loss tonight but hopefully they decide enough is enough. Raise it tonight

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Rinne is 5-5 in elimination games (chances where the Predators can be eliminated) with exactly a .900 save% and a 2.84 GAA. Rinne has won a series when being down 3-2 before (last year against Anaheim), but he has lost 4 others (2010 against Chicago, 2011 against Vancouver, 2015 against Chicago, last year against San Jose). In those 4 series, he lost game 6 3 times and lost in game 7 once (San Jose last year), he even got pulled in game 7 after giving up 5 goals on 26 shots. I'm feeling good about the Penguins chances tonight.

So all of those losses were to teams that advanced to the finals(van and SJ losing). Interesting.

We are expected to lose tonight. But we are usually a pretty good road team. Idk, I can't see us losing all 3 road games in a series.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So all of those losses were to teams that advanced to the finals(van and SJ losing). Interesting.

We are expected to lose tonight. But we are usually a pretty good road team. Idk, I can't see us losing all 3 road games in a series.

Pens are actually the favorites tonight for what it's worth.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

Last time we lost 3 road games in a playoff series?

'09 vs. the Red Wings. Yes, even in all those disgraceful playoff exits between the Bylsma and Sullivan eras, they could at least steal a road game or 2.

(Of course a 3rd road game wasn't necessary in that awful sweep to the Bruins in '13)

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Idk all, as much as I want to see them win the cup tonight, 3 days of DK and Ron Cook telling everyone how Fleury should start Game 7 does sound pretty awesome.

If by awesome you mean I'd rather punch myself in the junk repeatedly for three days instead then yes, awesome.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Pens are actually the favorites tonight for what it's worth.

We are?
All european bookies have us as the underdog for tonights game.

Not that it matters. Its not like its only one in a hundred we can win in their barn.
I just want us to end this.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Ellis is skating prior to the Preds' morning skate per Lavoie. No idea what that means, if anything TBH. Since he seems to be covering the Preds today, I'll check his timeline later to see if there's anything more definitive.

Also, am I the only one experiencing this weird time warp ... it seems like Game 5 was forever ago :laugh:

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I hope this game 6 goes the same for us as our first cup win. 8-0 would be great.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Ellis is skating prior to the Preds' morning skate per Lavoie. No idea what that means, if anything TBH. Since he seems to be covering the Preds today, I'll check his timeline later to see if there's anything more definitive.

Also, am I the only one experiencing this weird time warp ... it seems like Game 5 was forever ago :laugh:

I have had no doubts that he plays. How effective he will be is the question.

To be honest that second pairing of he and Josi have gotten lit up almost as badly through five games as the much maligned third pairing. Statistically they have been only a hair better. And were the pair Crosby went through like a warm knife through butter a minute into game 5 leading to the penalty and first goal.

Ellis limited could make that even worse of a matchup nightmare even at home.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I hope this game 6 goes the same for us as our first cup win. 8-0 would be great.

As long as we win, I don't care what the score is. Like you said, 8-0 would be great, but I'll take 1-0 or 4-3 as long as it ends with Bettman handing Sid the Cup :laugh:

And while finally lifting the cup on home ice would be nice, I'm good with finishing it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad