Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Pens Lead Series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratosphere

Mar 19, 2010
A win in Nashville was a couple of puck bounces away. Chances were there for us, but finishing didn't happen. Not even sure it was Rinne playing so well as much as our forwards just having an off night. Happens. If the Pens win tonight decisively, then I don't see the Preds surviving Game 6.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I fully expect to see the best of the Pens tonight. I think they will enjoy the home ice. I think Malkin and Kessel have huge performances, and Matt Murray shuts the door.

It is definitely high time we took this series over now.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I agree he needs to play better (in particular skate with the puck to gain separation and move it smartly, instead of just whacking at it) but some of the stuff on this board is ridiculous.

The scouting report from Montreal when he was drafted in 1st round:

"Hainsey is strong in nearly all facets of the game. A great skater, Ron possesses a smooth, seemingly effortless stride, good mobility, excellent on-ice vision, and a rocket shot. "

That seems a far cry from "can't skate or do anything". He just needs to skate more.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You know i realized just now how little how few jokes are made about the pens and Tocchet's gambling past... i mean we make jokes about them losing to get more revenue from home games and losing cause of antipen bias and even jokes about us winning due to uncle gary, but never anything Tocchet related... i feel like a huge opportunity is being missed here...

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Must win tonight because we obviously are never winning a cup on home ice. Destiny awaits :)

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
dunno how to feel about tonight.....i'm just hoping they can somehow pull out a win!

go pens!!!!!!!!!!

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Peeeerrrr-nelllllllll!!! Someone has to get that chant going.

You know I have no business complaining about fans. Their money and the tickets are expensive. Yet Nashville absolutely blows PPG arena away. It's not fair really. Quite frankly that may go back to the " Expense" factor.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I agree he needs to play better (in particular skate with the puck to gain separation and move it smartly, instead of just whacking at it) but some of the stuff on this board is ridiculous.

The scouting report from Montreal when he was drafted in 1st round:

"Hainsey is strong in nearly all facets of the game. A great skater, Ron possesses a smooth, seemingly effortless stride, good mobility, excellent on-ice vision, and a rocket shot. "

That seems a far cry from "can't skate or do anything". He just needs to skate more.

Uhhh....

Wait, you think a draft scouting report about an 18 year old Ron Hainsey is more relevant today than an analysis of his actual play in the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs?

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
You know I have no business complaining about fans. Their money and the tickets are expensive. Yet Nashville absolutely blows PPG arena away. It's not fair really. Quite frankly that may go back to the " Expense" factor.
You also have one team that before this year had never been out of the second round versus one that has been to 4 finals in the past 9 years and currently in back to back finals.

zacharoni16

Mar 15, 2013
What is the chant that Nashville does "YOU SUCK"... Pens crowd needs to out crowd the nashville crowd

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Uhhh....

Wait, you think a draft scouting report about an 18 year old Ron Hainsey is more relevant today than an analysis of his actual play in the 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs?

You should hear what his midget hockey coach said about him... his raw skill set is pretty much in line with Sid's, he just needs to use it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad