TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I remember reading an article once that made a case for Patsy Parisi possibly being in on or at least aware of Tony getting killed. Tony did order the death of his twin brother after all and he would've been worried about his son getting married to Meadow.

One thing I hate about the last episode is that Carlo flipped because his son got busted with drugs. Just seems very unbelievable that he would flip over his son getting what was likely a fairly minor drug charge.

of all the crazy theories i've heard, the ones involving patsy are the most interesting. i'm not gonna say he ordered tony's death but he could have very well had a major part in it

NY could have known tony's location at the diner with his family because meadow was dating patsy's son. not to mention tony had his brother clipped and there were various instances throughout the series where the two disagreed on stuff. also, let's not forget patsy was about to kill tony in season 2. plus hadn't patsy's son gotten in trouble with the law like carlo's son had? carlo flipped once his son got busted and perhaps patsy wanted tony dead thinking tony would have made a move on him first

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Patsy shot his way out of getting hit just the episode before. In fact it was another guy in a Members Only jacket who shot Silvio and at him.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
let's just say there had still been a NJ family after tony's death. i think we can all agree that patsy had far more boss material in him than paulie

lol imagine paulie as boss

Reactions: Voight

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
let's just say there had still been a NJ family after tony's death. i think we can all agree that patsy had far more boss material in him than paulie

lol imagine paulie as boss
Sirico_AG88102723.jpg

Reactions: Tw1ster

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sil is too hilarious

to think he (Van Zandt) had no experience acting

It was weird going to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band awhile back and seeing Van Zandt and Max Weinberg (from Conan O'Brian) out there.

It was like a celebrity supergroup!

(Clarence Clemons was still alive too)

Reactions: Roman Fell

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
There was an episode where they are at the Crazy Horse and one of his songs came on in the club and Tony points it out to Sil, non-verbally

Reactions: NyQuil

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I was actually just thinking about the end of the Sopranos recently, and I realized something.

The hit on Tony had to have been sanctioned by whoever was left to run the family in Jersey; he was shot in front of his family the way Phil Leotardo was. That can't have been a coincidence. It was straight-up one for one to end the war. You got Phil. You want lasting peace? Tony goes out like him. Only then will vendetta be satisfied and we can put bad blood behind us and move on. That speaks more to Paulie. He was the ranking captain left, he had seniority, we'd seen him try to cozy up to NY before, and of course he was a big ball of personal grievances. Had to have been him in on it.

I can't believe I never realized that before.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I was actually just thinking about the end of the Sopranos recently, and I realized something.

The hit on Tony had to have been sanctioned by whoever was left to run the family in Jersey; he was shot in front of his family the way Phil Leotardo was. That can't have been a coincidence. It was straight-up one for one to end the war. You got Phil. You want lasting peace? Tony goes out like him. Only then will vendetta be satisfied and we can put bad blood behind us and move on. That speaks more to Paulie. He was the ranking captain left, he had seniority, we'd seen him try to cozy up to NY before, and of course he was a big ball of personal grievances. Had to have been him in on it.

I can't believe I never realized that before.

IIRC Paulie was only friendly with NY till he found out Johnny Sack was lying to him the entire time, then he hated NY

Reactions: Voight

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
IIRC Paulie was only friendly with NY till he found out Johnny Sack was lying to him the entire time, then he hated NY
...yeah. Yeah, he did. But then upper management of the Lupertazzi family had undergone total turnover by the end of the show, and just think of all the petty beefs he'd hung onto about Tony and Johnny Boy Soprano before him. I still think it'd have been him (assuming David Chase thought it through that far).

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The most common theories I've read are (most to least popular)

1. Butchie ordered the hit despite the agreement, Tony's bloodshed and indictment were too much for him
2. Patsy Parisi avenging his brother
3. Gene's brother (guy who wanted to go to Florida and Tony wouldn't let him and hung himself)

My off the board theory is Little Carmine was secretly a criminal mastermind and orchestrated it to take over the family :laugh:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The most common theories I've read are (most to least popular)

1. Butchie ordered the hit despite the agreement, Tony's bloodshed and indictment were too much for him
2. Patsy Parisi avenging his brother
3. Gene's brother (guy who wanted to go to Florida and Tony wouldn't let him and hung himself)

My off the board theory is Little Carmine was secretly a criminal mastermind and orchestrated it to take over the family :laugh:
Butchie used Tony to get rid of Phil and then Butchie tried to get rid of Tony?

Sep 19, 2008
On season 6 ep 4 so will float Tony's death theories around after I finish.

When Paulie visits Tony in the hospital lol

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Butchie used Tony to get rid of Phil and then Butchie tried to get rid of Tony?

Thinking it could have been a ruse by Butchie to get rid of both. The sit down immediately brought him out from the mattress'

They werent happy with Phil and they never liked Tony either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad