TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I felt like that a few years ago. 4-5 years ago actually. Mainly because my tastes have changed so much. The world has changed so much too.
Much like The Wire. A world with tube TV sets, pagers and stone age GPS tracking devices gets less and less relatable.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Much like The Wire. A world with tube TV sets, pagers and stone age GPS tracking devices gets less and less relatable.

One thing that made me laugh was when Carmela got those internet CD's in the mail. I totally forgot about those.

AOL_promotional_CDs_in_Canada.jpg

Reactions: Terry Yake

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya.

Or AJ working at blockbuster video. What the hell is a video store and why wouldn’t someone just download or stream?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Last night, I saw someone bring up Lady Gaga had a non-speaking role on the show. I also remember Lin Manuel-Miranda had a small role in the final season.

Any other good 'before they were stars' cameos?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Last night, I saw someone bring up Lady Gaga had a non-speaking role on the show. I also remember Lin Manuel-Miranda had a small role in the final season.

Scorcese, but it wasn't really him.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Michael K Williams aka Omar

was in season 3 when Jackie Jr was hiding. the following year he starts his most famous role of Omar on The Wire

best part...his character is literally the same as Omar. Same demeanor, manner of speaking, deep feeling, intelligence... You could almost say the Sopranos appearance is what Omar was doing when Jimmy sent him to NY

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

perez hilton played a cashier in the scene where chris and jackie jr rob a college benefit concert

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Sopranos great time period piece now.

I wish we heard more about the other New York families instead of just the one all the time

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

David Lee Roth was playing poker at one of the high roller games once. So I guess that would be an "after they were stars" cameo.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Chase has always been known as a bit of a troll...

Just thinking about the prequel movie what would your reaction be if say near the end we got a flash forward implying Tony was alive post series finale.

Would something like that annoy you?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Chase has always been known as a bit of a troll...

Just thinking about the prequel movie what would your reaction be if say near the end we got a flash forward implying Tony was alive post series finale.

Would something like that annoy you?
Yes, since he all but said he is dead.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Well, it may have been an inadvertent slip, but in one of his most recent interviews about the lady scene, Chase literally calls it “the death scene”.

“I think I had that death scene around two years before the end. I remember talking with [Sopranoswriter and executive producer] Mitch Burgess about it. But it wasn’t — it was slightly different,” Chase said.

‘Sopranos’ Creator David Chase Opens Up About Tony’s ‘Death Scene’

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Just thinking how big "don't stop believing" is to that scene.. Makes me wonder what if thry didn't get permission?

Wonder what backup song would be.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I might be seeing stuff all along but did the color get drained out in the last season? The litigating is a lot more drab almost as if the color pallet was messed with to give it a literally darker feel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad