TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Rewatched the whole series again back to back. Love it. Definitely killed at the end.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I feel like most of them did. Paulie kind of got away but did he seem like a happy guy to you. What does he do now?

On my latest rewatch I started to think Paulie kind of deserved a bad ending. He's a bit of a two face, flirting with the NY crew behind Tony's back until he realizes Carmine doesn't give a shit about him, after which he turns against them too. Ratting out the Ginny Sack joke also lead into a major problems for Tony. He was also a bit of a prick towards Christopher for most of the series. Tried to blame him for the troubles at Pine Barrens too.

Hilarious character though.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Paulie was a suck up that only looked out for himself. He also thought highly of himself and assumed others did as well

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
On my latest rewatch I started to think Paulie kind of deserved a bad ending. He's a bit of a two face, flirting with the NY crew behind Tony's back until he realizes Carmine doesn't give a **** about him, after which he turns against them too. Ratting out the Ginny Sack joke also lead into a major problems for Tony. He was also a bit of a prick towards Christopher for most of the series. Tried to blame him for the troubles at Pine Barrens too.

He was for the most part miserable.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
On my latest rewatch I started to think Paulie kind of deserved a bad ending. He's a bit of a two face, flirting with the NY crew behind Tony's back until he realizes Carmine doesn't give a **** about him, after which he turns against them too. Ratting out the Ginny Sack joke also lead into a major problems for Tony. He was also a bit of a prick towards Christopher for most of the series. Tried to blame him for the troubles at Pine Barrens too.

Don't forget about his mom's dinner roll fiasco lol

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Members only jacket guy definitely killed him. Who ordered it though?

Phil Leotardo went, so Tony had to go for the war to be over. Boss for boss, bad blood ends. That was how I always saw it. Members Only jacket guy was someone out of the Lupertazzi family.

Cubscouts, ma'am.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
A little off topic, yet somewhat relevant.

The Boss of the Gambino family just got whacked in front of his house.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/gambino-crime-boss-frank-cali-shot-dead-outside-staten-island-home/

Interesting development:

https://nypost.com/2019/03/16/nypd-identifies-suspect-in-slaying-of-gambino-crime-boss-frank-cali/

They think the guy who did it is just some neighbourhood loser who had developed some petty beef. He is now utterly, hopelessly, irretrievably screwed.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
paulie had some of the best one-liners in the entire series but man i hated him for telling johnny sac about the ginny joke

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Phil Leotardo went, so Tony had to go for the war to be over. Boss for boss, bad blood ends. That was how I always saw it. Members Only jacket guy was someone out of the Lupertazzi
I remember reading an article once that made a case for Patsy Parisi possibly being in on or at least aware of Tony getting killed. Tony did order the death of his twin brother after all and he would've been worried about his son getting married to Meadow.

One thing I hate about the last episode is that Carlo flipped because his son got busted with drugs. Just seems very unbelievable that he would flip over his son getting what was likely a fairly minor drug charge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad