TV: The Sopranos Discussion Thread

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Silvio is great. Have you seen him in Lillehammer? It only lasted three seasons, but he has a similar role in it.
Yup, saw it a couple of years ago, the first season was great, unfortunately it dropped a bit from then on..
Anyways, cheers for pointing it out, a good tip for other van Zandt fans around here.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm halfway through S2 and it's really slow. Nothing has happened at all.

However, this has been salvaged by discovering that AJ's faux-intellectualism started much earlier than I thought. Sat quoting Camus at the age of what, 13? :laugh:

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Was doing a rewatch last year which was my first since the show ended... Cut off around season 4.

Wish Ralph stayed around longer.

Wonder how different the show would be if Tony's mom lived longer.

Wish the prequel movie would be a mini series.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Been watching it more now, and I feel like I started watching again at the right time since I don't recall everything the first time it was on. So, some scenes I remember but quite a few are surprises.

Truly was a great show.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can we talk about this scene please?

Can anyone explain Janice's pronunciation of "leg"?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

That entire episode is the perfect representation of the inherent absurdity of The Sopranos. Every theme present in this episode converges the entire essence of the series and does so - mostly - without its main character. Without needing the context of the series, it stands on its own as a first-rate work of fiction. It's like reading a transcendant short story.

Reactions: The Macho King

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Started re-watching the show last week for the first time in years. I forgot just how funny the show was.

For instance, when AJ's science teacher has his car stolen.

Tony: What are you getting in science?
AJ: D+
Tony: ...I'll see what I can do.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
That entire episode is the perfect representation of the inherent absurdity of The Sopranos. Every theme present in this episode converges the entire essence of the series and does so - mostly - without its main character. Without needing the context of the series, it stands on its own as a first-rate work of fiction. It's like reading a transcendant short story.

It's one of the few episodes I can remember (maybe the Kevin Finnerty dream one?) that has no B plot and doesn't drive the main plot along at all. It's like those "Monster of the Week" X-Files episodes that were one offs, they usually ended up being the best episodes. Of course anything with Paulie and Christopher was always gold, them eating ketchup packets in the car is up there with Chris's intervention as some of the funniest shit in the series.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Amazing show, and IMO, the best ending to a TV show ever.

Tony died, but instead of just having a lame ending where Tony is shot, the show makes you have to read between the lines and figure it out yourself. The door bells ringing, the POV shots and clues from previous episodes all point towards Tony dying without actually showing it. "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"

That was probably the series best episode, and one of the best TV episodes I've ever watched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad