OT: The signification of your username?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not trying to ruin your party but this is her in 2018.
actress-tawny-kitaen-arrives-for-the-red-carpet-premiere-screening-picture-id462739578
God damn

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I've been using that name for a very long time now. No signification what so ever.
Not a fan of Milhouse in the Simpsons. Not 40 years old or something.

It was only a name i started to use when the online poker gaming picked up.
Was looking for a name that wouldn't sell me out as a player. Just stuck with it since then.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
when I first started lurking, reading HF back around '00 or '01 I went by Dan or Daniel but there were a few so when HF had it's meltdown and everything got wiped out, I waited a little to re-join but couldn't think of a name so I went with the only hockey stick I would use, montreal brand which was owned by former NHLer Teppo Numminen.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Damphousse was my favourite player growing up, he’d been traded a couple years before I joined hf, I wanted a name that conveyed I was a habs fan without using something obvious like habsfan (no offense) The misspelling on Bak is because it was too long, and back seemed like the easiest word to misspell and still make sense. In all honesty I dont like it, but I find it confusing when people change usernames or avatars, so your welcome :thumbu:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
A girl in Myrtle Beach asked me my name, I said Pierre, she said what? P i e r r e ! What? (I gave up) Pete. Oh! like Peat Moss. I didn't know what she meant until I saw a bag and noticed the spelling. I just added a E at the end and it's been my nickname ever since. If you replace the T with a C, you get Peace. I was a Hippy back then. :laugh:

Great story

the pierre pete thing was confusing as shit as a child

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
2f4cbc.jpg

Running man idea looked palatable when I registered and the "77" was meant to symbolize legs, as in the above.

The concept was updated for the purposes of this thread, so as to evoke the embarrassment of the Bergevin years.

As for the avy, it was chosen on account of liking the image, but also as a reference to my years of playing (not guitar but drums), which I continued throughout my university years, played in local bands, did studio work, studied privately with several university professors. Twas a fascinating sideline and still regret giving it up. There are several professional musicians in my family, so it made sense.

The avy comes from here: Radiohead: Coachella 2012: Weekend One, Day Two

Mind = Blown.

My name stems from the username i used on official habs board i frequented before HF until a certain Moderator really ruined the place so i defected lol, Dynasty_Redux, basically, i like to brag that the habs have had more than one dynasty which i find pretty impressive even if im biased, and ive always wanted and thought maybe one day id maybe get to see another Habs Dynasty .. that was over 10 years ago lol.. so ..still waiting for just a finals appearance even..

I also love the movie Apocalypse Now / The Deer Hunter, favorite player was Sergei Fedorov, so Redux91 lol

I like this thread a lot as ive constantly wondered what every username means from time to time for as long as i can remember, and its nice to see where they all originate from and how they come about, again ive always wondered how people come up with any nickname for any message board or video game ever made im just curious like that i guess lol, just wish i knew what every name meant and why they chose it lol

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
hahaha. i forgot the password for the original on another site so i just kept the 02. I think, or it was because that was the year they were together...I think.

Mark E. Smith. Frontman to one of my favourite bands ever, The Fall. John Peel's favourite band. This still is from an interview he did after Peel's death. It's hilariously odd ball. The interviewer expected Mark to gush over Peel and instead he just said how they barely talked to each other.

He was a one of a kind. Just died last year.

Lol thanks for that, ive legit always wondered who was in that picture too, i always thought it was a picture of you and i was like, well, I like the balls to throw yourself out there like that lol

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I discovered Hfboards first while in Japan, living in Tsukuba, so that produced JapanMontrealExpat, with the latter portion short for expatriate. As I moved to Leipzig, Germany, then Chapel Hill, North Carolina and finally to Norfolk, Virginia, the first portion's modifier changed to reflect where I lived: GermanyMontrealExpat, NCarolinaMtlExpat, and now VirginiaMtlExpat. Everywhere I went, this website alleviated my homesickness, particularly in Germany where I was treated badly at work. I am happy in the US, and not really homesick anymore, but this is still one of my main links to Montreal, so I keep the pattern. I have been an expat for 17 years now. It's definitely part of my identity: at home in many places, but also with a critical eye borne of having lived in such a variety of places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad