OT: The signification of your username?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Beowulf - oldest written story in the English language.

Beowulf (/ˈbeɪəwʊlf/; Old English: [ˈbeːo̯wulf]) is an Old English epic story consisting of 3,182 alliterative lines. ... Victorious, Beowulf goes home to Geatland (Götaland in modern Sweden) and later becomes king of the Geats.

Hwæt. We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas. Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan. þæt wæs god cyning.
ðæm eafera wæs æfter cenned,
geong in geardum, þone god sende
folce to frofre; fyrenðearfe ongeat
þe hie ær drugon aldorlease
lange hwile. Him þæs liffrea,
wuldres wealdend, woroldare forgeaf;
Beowulf wæs breme blæd wide sprang,
Scyldes eafera Scedelandum in.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Belial is a demon when I was a kid me and my buddies used to play Counter-Strike a lot and we all decided to pick a common theme for nicknames so we can form some sort of team/ clan, and demons it was.

I've been using it ever since...

Reactions: Redux91 and PhysicX

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Asamu are the middle letters from mASAMUne the most important sword in the Final Fantasy series. It was also the name (Masamune Okazaki) of best weaponsmith who crafted katanas and other blades in Japan in the medieval era.

Reactions: Runner77

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I am actually a pretty nice guy.
The name for whatever reason has stuck since the mid-90's when I was playing a WWF wrestling game on Nintendo or PlayStation. You could design your own wrestler and I had one badass looking guy and a friend said he looked nasty. I named in MrNasty and I wasn't even a wrestling fan- just a completely random moment that stuck forever.

Funny that Cutter above has a similar story.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I got my hotmail so early, that I only needed an underscore between the two names I wanted. No numbers!

I've had that email for about 23/24 years.

Same here, it’s the one we had to open in my highschool computer class in the late 90s, and like my hf name it seemed like too much of a hassle to change it

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The year I was born.
2071?
giphy.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if anybody can guess mine?

Longshot guess ... does it have anything to do with the band Spooky Tooth, they were around in the 70s and their signature song was this:

OK, I googled it, it's in reference to a NY jazz ensemble. Right?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
My username started as LaPoune on RDS.ca and SRP Racing Pro. It was in honor of this "beautiful young" lady Rose Ouellette - Wikipedia. When RDS.ca forum died i moved to english boards and kept the same user name. People would keep asking me about the signification of it so without thinking about it i decided to change it to LaP. Was not really better as most people though i was a woman because of it (obviously no man would take lap as his username right?). Anyway i changed it to something else on all the other sites i'm active on. It's the only site where i'm still using it. It says i joined in 2012 but pretty sure i joined before that.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Longshot guess ... does it have anything to do with the band Spooky Tooth, they were around in the 70s and their signature song was this:

OK, I googled it, it's in reference to a NY jazz ensemble. Right?

Good guess....wrong on both. I dabble in physics. It was a saying Einstein had on studying of the very small. He hated QM because they didn't always behave the law of physics. He called their behavior "spooky actions from a distant!"

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Future 60-goal scoring superstar, fuelled by czech beer and hot dogs. Just wait, guys. My time is coming.

Reactions: PhysicX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad