OT: The signification of your username?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I used to be young when I joined this forum, now I am old. Habs fan from the 78-79 team on, I remember watching so many great habs break into the league, I remember the first game of Chelios, Rod Langway(Langer was the new big bird) and Naslund and that night in MSG when Roy stole my heart, I remember Petr Svboda walking on to the draft floor, I remember Mats, still have games on vhs, I have so many great memories of good times and on the flip side I have seen what the last 25 years have looked like and of this I am not proud.( I still have my LeClair jersey). One day I realised that in looking back on all of this that I was old. ( I looked in the mirror one day and I was my father.) I forgot Steve Penney, I loved him on that run just like I loved Halak!

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't know, man. Lemieux dominated in the dead puck era. Both players had their hayday after an expansion. Different league, different times, different players, different attributes. Lemieux had the sickest hands in the history of the league. He made Ray Bourque look like Hal Gill more than once and have never seen someone read and control the play so well.
Your assessment of Lemieux is absolutely right. Now picture a guy who could do all of that AND ALSO be the best defenseman in the league for 8 straight years; a guy who, in addition to having elite offensive abilities, could also block shots, clear the crease and fight.

You expect forwards who are 6'4", 230 lbs like Lemieux to dominate the scoring charts, not a 6', 195 lbs defenseman and especially not in the take-no-prisoners era that Orr played in.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Your assessment of Lemieux is absolutely right. Now picture a guy who could do all of that AND ALSO be the best defenseman in the league for 8 straight years; a guy who, in addition to having elite offensive abilities, could also block shots, clear the crease and fight.

You expect forwards who are 6'4", 230 lbs like Lemieux to dominate the scoring charts, not a 6', 195 lbs defenseman and especially not in the take-no-prisoners era that Orr played in.
Orr was the Muhammad Ali of NHL hockey in that era , so far ahead of his time, if he were in his peak today, fans would look at Karlsson as a distant 2b. I have a near mint painted style hockey card with Orr in a Hawks jersey and I capitalise Hawks out of respect.

Reactions: groovejuice

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Orr was the Muhammad Ali of NHL hockey in that era , so far ahead of his time, if he were in his peak today, fans would look at Karlsson as a distant 2b. I have a near mint painted style hockey card with Orr in a Hawks jersey and I capitalise Hawks out of respect.

Karlsson would be like Brad Park was when Orr was in his prime. In the early 70's, Park wore #2 with the Rangers and that's what he was: #2 behind Orr.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
MD = Most Dangerous (reference to MD Geist, an old super violent anime)

thaivuN = just a combination of my first and last name

Seeing how I never met anyone with the same first name, I might as well self-proclaim myself as the Most Dangerous man to hold my first name. Who is there to disprove me? :naughty:
Early 90's anime was weird man, MD Geist, Devilman, Mad Bull 34, etc. A lot of ''so ridiculously violent and obscene it's almost unwatchable'' stuff that came out at the same general time.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
when I first started lurking, reading HF back around '00 or '01 I went by Dan or Daniel but there were a few so when HF had it's meltdown and everything got wiped out, I waited a little to re-join but couldn't think of a name so I went with the only hockey stick I would use, montreal brand which was owned by former NHLer Teppo Numminen.
Futurama is great by the way, I've got the first four seasons on DVD, it's one of my go to stuff to watch when I'm bored or I need some background noise. Wasn't quite as big of a fan of the revival though.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
hahaha. He's definitely one of the most unlikely frontmen of rock and roll history. I remember when I saw a different still from this same interview, it was the first time I ever saw him. He had his tongue out and he looked like a lizard and I thought he was like at least 70 years old. Turns out this pic was from when he was only about 47 years old.

If 70s and early 80s post punk is your thing, I don't think it gets much better than the Fall. Definitely on the weirder side of things but they do have 'poppier' stuff. He's a hilarious interview...when you can understand what he's saying.
Hit the North!

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
There was a real honest to goodness Siberian Tiger named Boris.

And it just so happens that the tiger was moved from Quebec to Alberta; to reside at the Edmonton Zoo. When I first read about the tiger, it influenced my name choice because, as at one point, the Tiger became depressed and alienated with the move to the new zoo and it turned out that hearing French made the tiger happy.

I thought it was apropos for a Habs fan, especially one that moved West and had a similar experience.

Edmonton Valley Zoo's Siberian tiger, Boris, has died | Big Cat Rescue
I hope I make out better than Boris did when I move to Edmonton in a couple of months.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Username Ive been using pretty much everywhere since the mid 90's. I was a big punk/ska fan at the time and that Less Than Jake album was sitting on the corner on my computer desk when I was looking for a username to join MIRC.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad