OT: The signification of your username?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
"02" because it was already taken?

hahaha. i forgot the password for the original on another site so i just kept the 02. I think, or it was because that was the year they were together...I think.

Whos the dude in your avy

Mark E. Smith. Frontman to one of my favourite bands ever, The Fall. John Peel's favourite band. This still is from an interview he did after Peel's death. It's hilariously odd ball. The interviewer expected Mark to gush over Peel and instead he just said how they barely talked to each other.

He was a one of a kind. Just died last year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2f4cbc.jpg

Running man idea looked palatable when I registered and the "77" was meant to symbolize legs, as in the above.

The concept was updated for the purposes of this thread, so as to evoke the embarrassment of the Bergevin years.

As for the avy, it was chosen on account of liking the image, but also as a reference to my years of playing (not guitar but drums), which I continued throughout my university years, played in local bands, did studio work, studied privately with several university professors. Twas a fascinating sideline and still regret giving it up. There are several professional musicians in my family, so it made sense.

The avy comes from here: Radiohead: Coachella 2012: Weekend One, Day Two

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
2f4cbc.jpg

Running man idea looked palatable when I registered and the "77" was meant to symbolize legs, as in the above.

The concept was updated for the purposes of this thread, so as to evoke the embarrassment of the Bergevin years.

As for the avy, it was chosen on account of liking the image, but also as a reference to my years of playing (not guitar but drums), which I continued throughout my university years, played in local bands, did studio work, studied privately with several university professors. Twas a fascinating sideline and still regret giving it up. There are several professional musicians in my family, so it made sense.

The avy comes from here: Radiohead: Coachella 2012: Weekend One, Day Two
I assumed "77" was your birth year. If you're older, it's possible our paths crossed back in the local band days.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I assumed "77" was your birth year. If you're older, it's possible our paths crossed back in the local band days.

Could be. Props to you, you're soldiering on. I'm only a listener these days.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
And mine is the name of a crappy beer made by the family of the guy who now owns that crappy sports team.

It was also my "go-to" beer whenever I went to Habs games at the Forum back in the day. I honestly never touched the stuff anyplace else.
The smell of piss still brings me back to the old Forum and Molson beer. Memories.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah I know. A little too far though. Only saw them once live....back in the days....with Scorpions and Dokken.

Too bad, only one date in Canada and it's in BC.

As long as you got to see them at least once, it's in the memory bank. I had the same impetus not to miss out on Rush. So happy I saw them after years of listening to their stuff, caught them just before their retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad