OT: The Semi-irregular Music Thread | Can I Dance to It?

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
how is that even the same band? :laugh:

They're incredibly diverse. That's from an album that was heavily influenced by folk, a lot of their older stuff is punk, etc.

Even the rest of the album Tubthumper is fairly different from the single. That's why it's so funny that everyone only knows them for Tubthumping.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
f*** man. I've been bumping his new cd non stop since it came out and just looking at tickets and package deals for his concert just last week. He was unapologetically Pittsburgh at all times and had a huge fan base all over. He didn't hide it or tip toe in an attempt to gain more fans and money. Everybody loved him and nobody has a bad thing to say about him. Proud to see he represented the city so well. Luckily legends never die in Pittsburgh so we will hold him down for the remainder. RIP legend.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Lupe dropped a classic. Not directed to my demographic but I respect greatness and the music is amazing.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
This group is absolutely ridiculous. Somehow a white Kiwi rapper has managed to not only channel Kendrick Lamar, but comfortably outdo him. Easily the best combo of jazz and hip-hop that I've heard in ages.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
R.I.P. Charles Aznavour, little guy, giant man, one of the greatest French singer ever, truly a legend. Even if you don't undertsand the lyrics, enjoy the power. If you understand French prepare to travel through his voice.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Hey! Are you "dying alive" (Jagr copyrights here)???

From Daft Punk, my favourite song, actually it's 2 songs, 1 starts, 1 follows, then these f***ers actually manage to mix them together, dem robots used to be young, now they just hide behind those cool masks. Enjoy. ("pump up the volume")

Bonus tune:

Extra Bonus!

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
@pixiesfanyo
Pixies have announced a new studio album slated for a September release. To supplement their currently untitled eighth studio recording, the veteran alt-rockers will be documenting the recording process and a bit of the band’s long-standing history with a new podcast titled Past Is Prologue, Pixies in collaboration with Signal Co. No1.
source

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Coming to Pittsburgh (Mr Small's) in March.

Imagine how cool this album would seem if it were released today. It's like a great Sonic Youth album.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Maybe it's the new speakers I got, but I really liked this cover (both of em):

And I finally convinced myself to get a record player. Some of the albums I have seem to skip... Any suggestions on how to fix this?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe it's the new speakers I got, but I really liked this cover (both of em):

And I finally convinced myself to get a record player. Some of the albums I have seem to skip... Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Put a penny on the tonearm? No, don't do that :laugh: It's either an issue with the vinyl itself, like scratches or warping or it's an installation issue, like the surface it's on isn't level or the counterweight needs adjusted. You should probably call the place you bought it from.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Saw Sunn O))) Saturday night, parked myself about five feet from the stage. No vocals, no percussion. Two solid hours of reverent drone metal onslaught.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Saw Sunn O))) Saturday night, parked myself about five feet from the stage. No vocals, no percussion. Two solid hours of reverent drone metal onslaught.

Caught them in Prague last month. Still as loud as the first time I saw them, and even more brutal.

Also picked up some of the new-ish vinyl remasters of White and they sound great.

Reactions: tom_servo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad